cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Not On Report Yet, Refusing to Talk About CR's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA Not On Report Yet, Refusing to Talk About CR's?

I had a Verizon bill go into collections when we lost our house. 

It is now with Convergent Outsourcing but when I called to try and make a deal, they said they could not discuss not putting it on my reports. 

The bill is about 800 and some change ( broken contract fees mainly) and I fear being sued. I did request DV which they are claiming to be spending out. 

I am totally lost on what to do Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CRA Not On Report Yet, Refusing to Talk About CR's?

They can refuse to negotiate any provisions related to reporting to a CRA.

They have the right to report, and do not need to include that issue in any negotiations on the debt.

Is the debt legitimate?

A DV does not per se impose any period for or requirement to respond.  If the DV was timely, it continues to place them under a cease collection bar, which remains in place until such time as they choose to send validation. 

If the debt is still within SOL, you can avoid civil action by simply paying the debt.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, they can indeed refuse anything.

I guess I was more asking if I pay now, what is the likelihood they will still report on my credit though it isn't there now? Everyone on this board alway say get everything in writing first before you pay. 

Message 3 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

There's no way to predict the likelihood of it being reported after you pay it. Since they won't discuss not reporting it if you pay it, and since you're worried about being sued I'd suggest paying it and crossing your fingers. That will at least eliminate the possibility of getting sued.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you soo much rmduhon!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.