Kivstev

CRA Requests Additional Info?

After 45 days I finally got word that the CRA has deleted one of  two disputed collection accounts. That's good news as the other one is due to fall off within 6 months or so.

However, the email I got also requested that I send

1 A copy of my Driver's License
2 A copy of my SS card or W2 Form
3 A copy of a utility bill

I do not have any other disputes ongoing and I downloaded a .pdf with the result's of the two disputes.

I would like to know why the CRA needs this info now and is it to my benefit to send this info in? Is it possible they can revert the outcomes should I not send this info in? I have my doubts since I've heard that they sell this info to whoever.

Thanks in advance for responding.

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: CRA Requests Additional Info?

In all honesty, I wouldn't dispute a collection that is going to fall off of your report in six months. Strange things can happen and Its just not worth it.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

MarineVietVet

I agree with fused.

Just leave it alone.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Kivstev

Well it's too late to leave it alone, but that isn't my question in any case. :smileywink:

I'd like to know if it wise or necessary to send in the info that the CRA requested (license, etc). There are no more open disputes, and I don't see a need to. Is there a good reason to send these documents in to them?

MarineVietVet

Kivstev wrote:

Well it's too late to leave it alone, but that isn't my question in any case. :smileywink:

I'd like to know if it wise or necessary to send in the info that the CRA requested (license, etc). There are no more open disputes, and I don't see a need to. Is there a good reason to send these documents in to them?

Actually it's not too late. I stand by my first suggestion. Don't do anything else about this. The negative will be gone in a few months anyway.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}