Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA deleted entire file?

tag
katinOR
Valued Member

Re: CRA deleted entire file?

So, I called back and inquired further. I am not sure that I trust what they said but what I was told is that this is not a split file, rataher there was a fraud alert related to multiple addresses and social security numbers. When they received my information that I faxed them, they deleted everything that was associated with all addresses that were connected to the ones in question. 

This does make some sense (maybe?) because while a couple of my addresses were actually mine, there was about 15 addresses, two social security numbers and multiple names that were similar to mine but not mine. 

They have said that I do not have two files. After reading I understand that this is not always accurate though. They told me that any accounts that update from this day forth with the correct address will also show on my account (and I am guessing that means positive or negative). 

I think that I may just wait for a few weeks or the next reporting cycle and see what happens. This is just an odd situation! If it looks like it is split then I will tackle it then.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA deleted entire file?

@katinOR wrote:

So, I called back and inquired further. I am not sure that I trust what they said but what I was told is that this is not a split file, rataher there was a fraud alert related to multiple addresses and social security numbers. When they received my information that I faxed them, they deleted everything that was associated with all addresses that were connected to the ones in question. 

This does make some sense (maybe?) because while a couple of my addresses were actually mine, there was about 15 addresses, two social security numbers and multiple names that were similar to mine but not mine. 

They have said that I do not have two files. After reading I understand that this is not always accurate though. They told me that any accounts that update from this day forth with the correct address will also show on my account (and I am guessing that means positive or negative). 

I think that I may just wait for a few weeks or the next reporting cycle and see what happens. This is just an odd situation! If it looks like it is split then I will tackle it then.

LOL - any other time you have to kick, bite, scratch, scream bloody murder and threaten lawsuit after lawsuit to get them to delete an ID theft item... Go figure.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.