Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA dispute question

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

CRA dispute question

My mortgage used to be with ABN Amro Mortgage which was purchased by Citimortgage in 2007.  So, I have two separate tradelines for my mortgage, with ABN Amro's ending in 2007 (Sept).  There are a few lates on that tradeline in the summer of 2007 that I have disputed with the CRAs, but they come back as verified.  I believe the verification was made by Citimortgage because one CRA updated the contact address as the same as Citimortgage.  So, I recently emailed ABN to verify the lates and here is how they replied:

"ABN AMRO Mortgage Group was taken over by CitiMortgage in 2007. The current ABN AMRO Bank does not hold any documents
related to former ABN AMRO activities in the United States. If CitiMortgage is not the right party to turn to, Bank of America as the legal successor of
LaSalle Bank may be the appropriate contact for your enquiry.
We are really sorry that we are unable to help you in this matter."

I also sent a letter (CMRRR) disputing the lates directly with ABN, prior to the email reply.  I sent it to the address on the CRAs (which is the same on all of my old paperwork) but it was returned to sender.  Now, I am aware that these lates will fall of next year but I am still trying to address them now.  Can Citimortgage verify lates for the ABN tradeline?  And, should I send a letter to them (Citi) for verification of the ABN tradeline?  I'm trying to keep the post short, so without getting too much in depth, the status on the ABN tradeline still shows 90 days late, which I disputed and again it was verified.  My basis of dispute was that they were holding funds without disbursing which caused the 90 days on paper.  I can't deny the fact I was 30 days at the time.  Any advice is appreciated.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: CRA dispute question

The lates are having very little effect on your score right now. If they are scheduled to fall off next year, that leaves me to believe that they are 6'ish years old. This would only be beneficial during a manual review.

If Citi has all the records of past payment activity, I don't see why they would not be able to verify the information since they are the legal successor of said records.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.