Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA disputes and GW letters.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA disputes and GW letters.

I recently disputed 2 negative TL's with all three CRA. My Citi had 1 60 day and my Chase had 1 30 day and 1 60 day.  The disputes are still pending however I called both Chase and Citi and both agreed to remove the negative notices. Should I cancel my disputes with the CRAs or just let them go through?  I dont want to dispute something that they are agreeing to take care of and I'm nervous it's going to mess everything up.

Advice please!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: CRA disputes and GW letters.

I can't answer your above regarding how the CB disputes will affect the successful GWs you received over the phone, but I have a quick question. Regarding your late to Chase, was this for a credit card and how did you convince them to remove it?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was for a credit card and i just called the executive customer service line 1-888-622-7547 she was very helpful and removed them no problem.  The account was already closed and paid-off so I think I'm pretty lucky in that aspect.  Citi however is giving me the run-around so I'm going to have to keep on trying.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Another reason not to dispute through a CRA.  Why add the complication of bringing a third-party into a dispute?

In the future, I suggest that you use the new direct dispute process under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.