Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA getting on my nerves

tag
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

CRA getting on my nerves

Hi everyone,

I need advise I disputed an acct on my CR but EQ investigated the wrong acct somehow. After the investigation was complete the acct they claim to have verified now says an unpaid medical acct. This is a was not the acct I was disputing and it is not a medical acct it is a credit card acct from creditone bank that has been sold to lvnv. My second question is I paid an AT&T collections through NRC I agreed to pay this in full for a PFD they sent me a letter saying that after all is paid the acct would be deleted. this was in Sept it was deleted from EQ, TU but remained on EX as a paid collection. When I recieved my EQ report after the investigation of the above acct the NRC collections acct is back on the report as a paid acct. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: CRA getting on my nerves

1. Call Equifax and explain they investigated the wrong account- demand they removed the bad account because they failed to verify within the time limit

2. Write a letter to NRC and demand they remove the record from EX.

Message 2 of 5
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Thank You for the reply, it is greatly appreciated. 
Message 3 of 5
rarrrr
Established Member

Sorry to say this, but they're idiots, and you won't get any results. My credit card company filed a dispute on my behalf to update the credit limit to the proper amount (a 22k acct was being reported with 0 limit, throwing off my utilization). TransUnion just deleted the account from my credit report. After going around in circles between my credit card company and TransUnion about four times each, I just gave up. It's been about a month, and it's still not being reported. Oh well. If I didn't get so many free tickets, I'd get another card.
Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rarrrr wrote:
Sorry to say this, but they're idiots, and you won't get any results. My credit card company filed a dispute on my behalf to update the credit limit to the proper amount (a 22k acct was being reported with 0 limit, throwing off my utilization). TransUnion just deleted the account from my credit report. After going around in circles between my credit card company and TransUnion about four times each, I just gave up. It's been about a month, and it's still not being reported. Oh well. If I didn't get so many free tickets, I'd get another card.

Excuse me but you have no way of knowing that. Everyone's situation and outcomes are different. I've had overnight success with some disputes and complete frustration with others. Please be supportive and try to be helpful to the OP. I'm sorry for your bad experience but don't take it out on others.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.