Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA's and deleted CO's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA's and deleted CO's

I just called Experian to request an EE and they asked me which one. That got me scared as there should only be 1 on my file. I was too scared to ask about it! I am hoping someone can confirm that they can see maybe deleted CO's. Or maybe they just have a list of all accounts? I am hoping because if there is something else that popped up after all this hard work....Well this is a PG site so I won't even say! They didn't delete it , BTW.
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CRA's and deleted CO's

Credit report exclusion applies to any adverse item of information that has been reported to your credit report.

The CRA will routinely ask what info you are referring to, as it could be almost anything, and they are not going to take the time or puruse your entire report to see what adverse items are possible, and their dates or normal exclusion.

Also, the CRA does not "delete" information that becomes excluded.  The derog remains in your file.

Credit report exclusion means the info is therafter excluded from credit reports they issue.  So yes, they will likely see any info that has already been excluded.

Just begin by stating that you are calling to request early exclusion of the charge-off reported by creditor A.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh! I was so worried something else had popped up on there! You put my mind at ease! I've worked really hard for the last couple years to get everything taken care of! Thanks sooooo much!
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sometimes they'll ask which one, and haven't even looked at your report yet. I think they assume that you know which one you want already, so they're waiting on you to point it out to them to make the process go faster, and make it easier on them. Robert is correct. Just state the one you want. No biggie.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! I was too scared to ask them what the heck they were talking about! So I won't worry about it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.