Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA's reporting different DOLAs????

tag
ficobuddy
Valued Member

CRA's reporting different DOLAs????

I have an account that has a DOLA of 09/05 for TU and EX, and 02/04 for EQ? Which one do I go with?

My SOL is 4 years in my state, so I'm biting my nails on this one hoping it slides past the expiration time. As soon as the month/date comes to 09/09 am I in the clear (as far as being sued goes)? I know I still owe the money, but I would rather have the SOL in my favor before I went for a PFD.

When does a creditor generally send out a possible suit or "see you in court" letter to you if you are nearing the end of the SOL on a debt. It's a $1300 credit card. Do I have to wait the entire month of 09 to be over with and have it turn to 10/09 before I'm absolutely in the clear. Lastly when can I contact them to let then know the SOL has expired but I'm willing to PFD. Could I negotiate here on paying a certain amount? If so, how much is a good starting price in negotiating payment for deletion?

Sorry for all of the questions...any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: CRA's reporting different DOLAs????

SOL unually starts on the DOFD, not the DOLA.

But you're right. Its better passed the SO, if its with CA.

Who is this account with? 

Is this an OC or CA?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
ficobuddy
Valued Member

Re: CRA's reporting different DOLAs????

This account is with the OC.

Thought DOLA was the actual date you could still be sued for the money owed, and DOFD is the statute of 7 years to have an item legally remain on your credit report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.