Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA will not update information unitl Collection Company reports different

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA will not update information unitl Collection Company reports different

I have been in the process of a dispute. I have attached an original bill that shows the dates of when the account first went negative as well as when it was transferred to collections. The collection agency is reporting a much later date.

Equifax refuses to update and delete the account even though they were provided information showing that account to be innacurate.  They said that they need the collection agency to verify, not the orignal creditor. Without spending a lot of money on a lawyer, how can I possibly get this removed if they will not even believe the documentation that I send them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRA will not update information unitl Collection Company reports different

I would respond them that failure to update information will be considered willfull violation of the FCRA. I would request a formal investigation and to provide you with the results of the investigation within 30 days.

Message 2 of 4
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I have the same problem with Transunion and Experian in regards to a 6 year old AT&T Celular bill that was sold to Palisades ... I sent a copy of the cashed check, as well as a paid in full letter ... they refuse to update, saying that Palisades is reporting it differently when they check on it.  I could scream!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you DV the CA?

@smo65d11 wrote:
I have the same problem with Transunion and Experian in regards to a 6 year old AT&T Celular bill that was sold to Palisades ... I sent a copy of the cashed check, as well as a paid in full letter ... they refuse to update, saying that Palisades is reporting it differently when they check on it.  I could scream!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.