Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAs are Frozen But STILL Getting Hard Pull Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRAs are Frozen But STILL Getting Hard Pull Inquiries

Can you verify that your reports are froze for us OP?

Same as Diamond -- I have pin numbers issued to me by Experian, Equifax and Transunion.  I have never lifted the freeze from any of my reports.  I am also opted out from the mailing lists. NEVERTHELESS, I received an alert from my CMS that a new inquiry had hit my Transunion CR.  SO, I paid the money and ordered up the full report from TU and there is the inquiry just as bold as can be. NO ADDRESS whatsoever though.  No tradeline -- just the inquiry. 

I have no idea who this collection agency represents or anything about them.  All I know is they have done a hard pull on my Transunion credit report which is definitely frozen. And, I am NOT happy about this.  I have no way of knowing the particular address of this collection agency so how can I write them a letter? 

This is just WRONG!!! Smiley Mad 

Message 11 of 33
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I did a quick search on the interwebs, they seem to be a typical JDB, calling up and making threats unless you pay them.  There are various phone numbers listed for them as well if you do a search.

IAG

PO Box 623

Amherst, NY 14226

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Pizza!  I found that, in addtion to the NY address, they also have addresses in Texas, Massachusetts, and Florida.  I am thinking I will write to ALL their addresses to try to find out what this is all about.  Truthfully, I cannot imagine what it could be.

Since we've gotten back into "credit" the collection vultures are coming out of the woodwork all over the place.  That's one of the reasons we froze our credit reports!
Our last name is not all that common but, we've got the kind of name that you can spell several different ways.   We are sick and tired of getting dunning notices for old debts from years and years ago that DO NOT belong to us. 

I have an idea that this hard inquiry may not belong to me -- which makes me even MORESmiley Mad 

Message 13 of 33
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I know it is frustrating to deal with JDBs ~ I've had some experience with them myself, it's a pain.... Cat Mad

But IME once they realize that you know your rights as a consumer and won't be bullied or duped they will just pack up and move on to someone else.  

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one question,

How can a HP be done while CR's are froze? I just do not understand this whatsoever.

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one question,

How can a HP be done while CR's are froze? I just do not understand this whatsoever.

From what I understand, if you had a collection agency in the past that was reporting on your credit reports, they would have permission to access your reports at any time in the future and do whatever they wanted.  HOWEVER, this particular collection agency is from out of the blue so, I don't know. 

I don't know what I paid the $10 for to Transunion -- I thought it was to FREEZE my credit report from being accessed but, apparently not. 

Anyway, I filed a BBB Complaint against this IAG LLC collection agency and, I asked them to deal with getting the inquiry removed. We shall see what happens.

Message 16 of 33
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one question,

I'm with you on this, I really don't get it either.   If your existing creditors can't pull your report without a PIN, how can JDBs pull it ??

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one question,

From what I understand, if you had a collection agency in the past that was reporting on your credit reports, they would have permission to access your reports at any time in the future and do whatever they wanted.  HOWEVER, this particular collection agency is from out of the blue so, I don't know. 

I don't know what I paid the $10 for to Transunion -- I thought it was to FREEZE my credit report from being accessed but, apparently not. 

Anyway, I filed a BBB Complaint against this IAG LLC collection agency and, I asked them to deal with getting the inquiry removed. We shall see what happens.

I am so sorry discernment that you have to deal with this, I thought a FREEZE meant NO ONE could HP your reports.

Please do keep us informed, I am very interested to hear the outcome.

I'm Wishing you the Very Best.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one question,

I'm with you on this, I really don't get it either.   If your existing creditors can't pull your report without a PIN, how can JDBs pull it ??

My thoughts exactly pizzadude, this has me baffled.

Message 19 of 33
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

discernment, you might want to follow~up with Transunion as well, I would question why they allowed someone to pull your report.

This is from their security freeze website:

http://www.transunion.com/personal-credit/credit-disputes/credit-freezes.page

WHEN TO ADD A CREDIT FREEZE

If you are very concerned about becoming a victim of fraud or identity theft, a Security Freeze might be right for you.
Placing a Security Freeze will prevent lenders and others from accessing your TransUnion Credit Report entirely, which will prevent them from extending credit. With a Security Freeze in place, even you will need to take special steps when you wish to apply for any type of credit.

Because of more stringent security features, you will need to place a Security Freeze separately with each of the three major credit reporting companies if you want the freeze on all of your credit files. A Security Freeze remains on your credit file until you remove it or choose to lift it temporarily when applying for credit or credit-dependent services.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.