cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT CARDS THAT WILL STAY OPEN AFTER CREDIT IS BAD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT CARDS THAT WILL STAY OPEN AFTER CREDIT IS BAD?

not to look down on any rebuilders .......BUT i have pretty much rebuild my credit and scores .....but i have a friend that is going downwards with his credit and has a bunch of credit cards ....and just wondering which credit card companies tend to stick with you during the hard times?   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT CARDS THAT WILL STAY OPEN AFTER CREDIT IS BAD?

First Premier & Credit One. Not to look down on you, but why is YOUR credit going downwards?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am asking the question for a friend ....but to be honest my mother   lol............i fixed her credit now it seems like she is going to mess it all up

Message 3 of 6
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

cirnek try to give her the best advice possible on how it will affect her. Remember, everyone don't want to be helped. Good luck on your journey (?) with Mom.

Message 4 of 6
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Um....cards stay open if you keep them in good standing. If you don't, then they close. The bad times are only bad if you make them. If she has an issue with paying her bills, she needs to cut up the cards and pay them down at least with minimum balances to keep them open. No one is going to just give you credit just because you want it. You have to earn it.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First Premier & Credit One. Not to look down on you, but why is YOUR credit going downwards?

FP and Credit One are to be AVOIDED.

Cap One is very unlikely to take account action if their score tanks or any reason. Most of the prime banks will close accounts of lower limits if they see a drastic score drop.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.