Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE RESULT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE RESULT?

Hey Fellow Members,

Ok i know you shouldnt dispute stuff online or through Credit Karma & that kind of stuff but my mother did not know this and submited a dispute on a medical collection through the Credit Karma dashboard before she had came to me asking me for help sense i was able to get some of mine taken off all 3..

Some of you may recall a few weeks ago i got on here asking for help with her situation because she had told me that the hospital or someone must have not of filed the bills right because medicare never paid them so they went to collection agencies..

Due to her igniting that dispute i could only pull her EX report through annualcreditreport, Well after a little looking i seen that the collections showing was a few months before she started receiving medicare.. So she just thought she was OUT OF LUCK, I told her that i was still going to draft up a letter for her to get notarized and send to medicare because at the time of the bills she had an attorney trying to get her medicare approved. IDK why a cancer patient would have to get an attorney and fight for it but i do remember she did.

So thinking that her attorney was fighting her case at the time of the hospital bills medicare might still go back and pay them if it was brought to their attention. However i did tell her to wait on sending them the letter until i was able to pull her other two credit files..

Well today when i she got a responce back on the dispute sent from credit karma saying that the debt was verified but said insurance paid late. Have asked for late payments to be removed...

I seen with my own two eyes the dates on her file and her medicare start date off by 3 months. So i just dont get it..

Could anyone be able to offer some advice or shed som light on this?

Thanks In Advance

~ Shawn

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE RESULT?

One of the new CRA policies summarized in their recent National Consumer Assistance Plan is their deletion of any collection that is shown to have been paid by insurance.

If the medical debt was ultimately paid via insurance, send appropriate proof to the CRA and request removal of the collection under their National Consumer Assistance Plan.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT KARMA DISPUTE RESULT?

@RobertEG wrote:

One of the new CRA policies summarized in their recent National Consumer Assistance Plan is their deletion of any collection that is shown to have been paid by insurance.

If the medical debt was ultimately paid via insurance, send appropriate proof to the CRA and request removal of the collection under their National Consumer Assistance Plan.

RobertEG,

I do understand that part.. What i dont understand is how medicare paid on it even though they did so late because after i seen the she didnt really have her medicare until 3 months after that would be good enough why they didnt know about it and did not pay it or paid it late. So i dont get how medicare even knew unless when she did the dispute with credit karma the collection agent sent something to the OC and the OC then seen she had medicare and they sent them something..

As of now there is no proof that it was paid other then the remarks on the dispute results that says nothing more then " verified - insurance paid late, Have asked for late payments to be removed"

So im not sure if thats them saying her medicare did go ahead and go back them few months and pay it or what? Because if they did i dont want to have her send that letter to medicare and it mix things up and delay positive results.. Because if they did only letter i would want her to send is 1 asking medicare for proof that it was paid so we can get the collection taken off her file...

Thanks For the Help.

~ Shawn

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.