cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT MGMT showing on my report and I don't know how to find contact info....please help me out :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT MGMT showing on my report and I don't know how to find contact info....please help me out :)

I have CREDIT MGMT showing on my credit report. That's it. Nothing else to help me do a search of this company or how to pay it. Can anyone please help me figure out who this company is and how to contact?

Thanks SO much!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CREDIT MGMT showing on my report and I don't know how to find contact info....please help me out

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

If you haven't done so, pull your credit reports directly from annualcreditreport.com or directly from each credit reporting agency. Within these reports you'll find the contact information by which to contact them.

If interested in paying it, aim for a PFD. Send them a DV letter first. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If they agree in writing to the PFD, then pay it and they'll delete.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CREDIT MGMT showing on my report and I don't know how to find contact info....please help me out

If it was reported to a CRA, that triggered their requirement to have sent dunning notice within 5 days.

In that notice, they are required to advise you of the credtior, the current amount, and how to request validation of the debt.

If it was reported more than a week or so ago and you have not received dunning notice, then they are most likely in violaltion of FDCPA 809(a).

You dont need dunning notice to send them a DV, but you do, of course, need an address.

When reporting to a CRA, they are required to identify themselves.  You might call the CRA, explain your need for their correspondence address, and attempt to get it from them.  If they balk, you can always file a formal request with the CRA for that info under FCRA 609(a)(1), but that takes time.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.