Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT SERVICE?

I am currently using Credit Keeper, from the HSBC people.  I've only seen one update so far, waiting to see if they update monthly on 8-15.  If not, I may change to another service.

Funny thing too, since I disputed those items the CB's have my credit locked.  When I applied for my bike loan with Yamaha, I had to answer a bunch of questions to verify my identity and make sure it wasn't a fraudulent application.

Pretty sweet!  That should keep the fake accounts to a minimum going forward.
Message 31 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

INFORMATION RECIEVED

Credit Score Update Recieved 8-14-08:

06-04-2008: EXP - 577 EQU - 530 TRANS - 542 AVG - 550
07-15-2008: EXP - 614 EQU - 603 TRANS - 644 AVG - 620
08-13-2008: EXP - 628 EQU - 595 TRANS - 668 AVG - 630

HIGHLIGHTS:

Decent increase in EXP, large in TRAN, and a drop in EQU - probably from inquiries.  Why is it always Equifax?
JUDGEMENT REMOVED!!  ELL YEAH!  Judgement removed from Equifax, no discernable increase in score...
3 collections removed from EQU, 2 removed from EXP.
3 new inquiries on EXP, from Yamaha and affiliates when I bought my Motorcycle.
New installment account not showing up yet.

Here's an update of derogs cleared:

6-4-08                      7-15-08    8-14-08

EQUI:

# Accounts Past Due                                      0                               0             0

Recent Inquiries                                              3                               3              6

Collections                                                      7                               6              3

Public Records                                               1                               1              0

Revolving Acct Bal                                          n/a                            1%          1%        

EXPER:

# Accounts Past Due -                                   0                                0             0

Recent Inquiries -                                            4                               5             5

Collections -                                                    5                              3               1       

Public Records -                                             0                               0              0

Revolving Acct Bal                                          n/a                           1%           1%  

TRANSU:

# Accounts Past Due -                                   0                                0              0

Recent Inquiries (12 MO) -                             3                                3              3

Collections -                                                    7                                             1                        

Public Records -                                             0                                0              0

Revolving Acct Bal                                          n/a                             1%            1% 

Continued plan of action:

Tackle most recent collections first, work my way back, clear recent history.
Get moving on DV letters, follow with more CB disputes.
FOCUS ON EQUIFAX.
Follow up on GW letters for lates on car and student loan - re-send to multiple contacts until desired response is recieved.
GET TO 700 CLUB BY JUN 2010

Message 32 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

INFORMATION RECIEVED

8-21-2008 - INFORMATION RECIEVED

Transunion replied to my online dispute today, confirming they have removed Puge_ Soun_ Collec__ from my credit file.  This is the last CA listed on my TU - SWEET.  Also have installment accounts with lates almost 24 months ago, should turn positive soon... otherwise TU is pristine.  Oh happy day, almost there!
Message 33 of 450
marabal

Re: INFORMATION RECIEVED

great work! You're doing awesome!
~~on my way ~~
10/05/08 TU - 644 EQ - 631 EX - 661 8/30/08 TU - 579 EQ - 632 EX - 619 8/20/08 TU - 577 EQ - 623 EX - 576
8/6/08 TU - 523 EQ - 613 EX - 559
Message 34 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

p- are those scores off of your monitoring service or did you pull them here?
Message 35 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations.  Glad to see your hard work is paying off for ya.
Message 36 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: scores

Rich,

I pulled these scores from a monitoring service I'm using.  I know there is disagreement over which brand of scoring to use, but I am tracking improvements, so as long as I stick with the same score every time I'll be able to see my progress.  I get updated reports from all three monthly, and it tracks overall score changes as well.

While one of my goals is numeric increase in scoring, I am more concerned with cleaning negative accounts and making the most of my positive accounts to make my credit more marketable.

Message 37 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: congratz

Marabal  and Jewelrygirl,

Thanks for the congrats, any recommendations appreciated.

Message 38 of 450
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Re: CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

Hey Ditty,
Great job! kudos to you!
question: I have a judgment on my cr from 2002. However, I was improperly served I believe. I had moved to another state in August 2001 and DID do a forwarding address. I never received a summons! Next thing ya know its on my cr (all 3).
Can you tell me the process you took to have yours vacated? Did you have to go to court?
Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 39 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgements

My judgement was only reporting on Equifax, and they actually deleted it when I sent a letter to EX telling them I disputed it.  I have yet to get it vacated...  I am concerned if I begin that process I may come up on the radar and get a garnishment or some other horrible reaction. 

I did send a letter to the court notifying them that I was never summoned and requesting judgement information... but I never heard back.

As it's an invalid judgement anyway, I am content to let it reach SOL as long as it stays off my credit report.  Look back through my log to see what letters I used, and there is some other good info about judgements too.

Message 40 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.