cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: 800 club across the board... and new score models available?

Thanks!  I'm real happy with Penfed, just did a home refi to 3.75% and got rid of my PMI for a 300 per month net.  They are pretty nice once you have good credit.

Message 381 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

The good life...

Hi, all;  This 800 thing is going well.  Besides our refi last month, I haven't let anyone touch my report.  No hard CLI, or any of that.  Wifey is right behind me in the high 700's and just got a CLI from USAA unsolicited, raising her from 6,000 to 7,400.  I've abandoned begging for higher limits, because I don't need them anyway.

Our goals for the next few years are getting rid of debt, and buying another house. All we have left for debt is the home and two cars, and one of them is covered by employer reimbursement.  If I can get free of those and dump cash into the home loan, I could be truly free before I retire.

Message 382 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Button love!

After posting the above I noticed it had been more than six months since my last CLI on my Capital One Quicksilver Card.  I clicked the love button, and sure enough got a nice bump from 4,200 to 5,200.  Instant approval, no hard pull.  

That might not seem very useful to me at this point, because I have cards with limits over 10k, but this card is special.

At the beginning of this story, I started with a 300 dollar Orchard Bank card, complete with application fee, annual fee, and exploitative interest rate.  I asked for increases every sx months, and eventually got the annual fee removed.  It became a Quicksilver Card when Cap1 boought the HSBC credit portfolio, and they product changed my out of the low-tier card.  My goal for this one is to keep growing it until it becomes a World Mastercard with a five-figure limit.  Something about having that same card, with the opening date of my journey beginning just makes me smile.

And the best part; had I closed this and replaced it back at the beginning, my report would show a closed low-tier rebuilder card.  Instead, the name "Orchard Bank" appears nowhere on my report, and it looks like I've been "in" with Capital One all along.

Good times...  I need to remember to hit that button every six months.

Message 383 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Button love!

@p- wrote:

After posting the above I noticed it had been more than six months since my last CLI on my Capital One Quicksilver Card.  I clicked the love button, and sure enough got a nice bump from 4,200 to 5,200.  Instant approval, no hard pull.  

That might not seem very useful to me at this point, because I have cards with limits over 10k, but this card is special.

At the beginning of this story, I started with a 300 dollar Orchard Bank card, complete with application fee, annual fee, and exploitative interest rate.  I asked for increases every sx months, and eventually got the annual fee removed.  It became a Quicksilver Card when Cap1 boought the HSBC credit portfolio, and they product changed my out of the low-tier card.  My goal for this one is to keep growing it until it becomes a World Mastercard with a five-figure limit.  Something about having that same card, with the opening date of my journey beginning just makes me smile.

And the best part; had I closed this and replaced it back at the beginning, my report would show a closed low-tier rebuilder card.  Instead, the name "Orchard Bank" appears nowhere on my report, and it looks like I've been "in" with Capital One all along.

Good times...  I need to remember to hit that button every six months.

I too have a Capital One that started as a lowly $300 Orchard card in 2011. I got serious about fixing my evil ways about 9 months ago, and got it bumped up to QS1 with an $800 limit in february, and I should get another bump in august. Its still got a horrendous $59 AF, but I'm hoping to combine it with my other no AF Cap One QS card (upgraded from Platinum) next month after CLI's on both. I'm not quite as atteched to mine, but I understand your feelings, and I'll be keeping these card(s) forever.

Message 384 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Button love!

NormanFH wrote: I too have a Capital One that started as a lowly $300 Orchard card in 2011.... Its still got a horrendous $59 AF...

Norman, I'd suggest contacting customer service via chat and see if they can remove the annual fee for you.  If they don't, try calling. 

Message 385 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Removing Dispute Comments at 828

I'm not sure if it will be inspiring or discouraging to find out that even in the 800's we still need this forum.  

I'm buying a house, and got flagged today for dispute comments.  Luckily, Shane's thread here gave me VIP access to people who can get things done.  As it said in his write-up, EQ and EX were fairly easy, and they took care of it for me over the phone.  My call to TU took several transfers, and then the special handling department supervisor told me that my report was closed for maintenance and I should call back "after a time."  I asked how long, and he said thirty minutes should do it.

Wouldn't you know, thirty minutes later I got the voicemail, because it was after closing time on the east coast.  Ha. Ha. Ha.  Joke's on me.  I guess I'll call back tomorrow early.

On the upside, when I pulled my report to see what accounts were flagged, I discovered these new record-high scores despite four to five mortgage inquiries per file.  Sweet.

score.png

Message 386 of 450
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing Dispute Comments at 828

Congrats on all of your success! =)

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 387 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

@p- wrote:

I'm not sure if it will be inspiring or discouraging to find out that even in the 800's we still need this forum.  

I'm buying a house, and got flagged today for dispute comments.  Luckily, Shane's thread here gave me VIP access to people who can get things done.  As it said in his write-up, EQ and EX were fairly easy, and they took care of it for me over the phone.  My call to TU took several transfers, and then the special handling department supervisor told me that my report was closed for maintenance and I should call back "after a time."  I asked how long, and he said thirty minutes should do it.

Wouldn't you know, thirty minutes later I got the voicemail, because it was after closing time on the east coast.  Ha. Ha. Ha.  Joke's on me.  I guess I'll call back tomorrow early.

On the upside, when I pulled my report to see what accounts were flagged, I discovered these new record-high scores despite four to five mortgage inquiries per file.  Sweet.

score.png

I really appreciate those in the 800's posting here, it really helps to see there is light at the end of the tunnel if you put the work in.

Message 388 of 450
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@BUN told me about this thread.  As added inspiration, it is very nice to read your progress.  It encouraged me to go and find my original starting scores...the ones that prompted me to action, and I updated my signature as a result.  I hope to join you in the 800 club when my BK falls off April 2016.

Thank you for sharing.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 389 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Thanks, guys.   I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this forum.  You guys are awesome.

Message 390 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.