Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

Penfed still says they are using the "Equifax Nexgen Fico" score to manage my account.  Their only negative notes are short history, and high balances on revolvers.  Lol.  My utilization is at 0.29%.

It's fun to have a score high enough that it breaks the robot.  Woooo!

824.PNG

Message 441 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

RE: Chase Disney Card - A new personal record!

During the course of the remodel on my bathroom I have been running nearly evereything through my Chase Vader card.  I have paid in full as I go, and realized I nearly put the whole limit on it in a month.  Although I opened the card less than a year ago, I figured why not try?  I messaged them, and they asked for income, mortgage amount, and desired limit.  I asked for 50k and got a 7-10 day letter notice.  I was sure I wasted a hard pull for nothing.  

Three days later I log on and find they have raised me from 25k to a 40k limit.  A new personal record!  50k wasn't really a needed amount, just the most I dared to ask for, lol.

New limits:

Unicorn.gif20023iF71F60C9ECEDB67A.pngchase.pngcap1.jpgamex.pngqs.pngvisa.pngtitle.pngsr.jpg
X.png

Message 442 of 450
805orbust
Valued Contributor

YES!!!! Hilarious! Congrats on that dude! Sounds like one he'll of a bathroom btw :-)

Message 443 of 450
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Hell of a bathroom obviously. :-)

Message 444 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it's actually more of an addition/remodel of a third of the house, as well as new flooring throughout, a new roof, and all new stucco.  We bought way under budget but it was a fixer-upper.  Complete with (formerly) white carpet around the toilet and tub, no doors in the master between the bed and toilet, etc.

Nice views, though.  

Message 445 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Going Debt-Free; is it possible?

1. Sell the truck. 

2. Pay off the credit card. 

3. Pay off the car.  13,041

4. Remodel the new house with no new debt.  In Progress

5. Refi to a fifteen year fixed.

6. Pay off the house in ten years.

7. Max 401k and Roth account contributions.

8. Buy our first rental home.

9. Fully restore my Pickup Truck

DECEMBER:  Well, we managed to make it through Christmas and most of the remodel without adding a bunch of credit card debt.  But cash flowing all of that has slowed down payoff of the car.  Right now my closet, bathroom, laundry room, and pantry are disassembled, and the house is a mess from cramming everything into half of it.  But in the nex week or two we start laying in tile, and soon will be able to reopen the master bath and closet, and move the laundry to its new location.  The new roof is on, stucco is done, and the fence is about a third of the way complete.

Getting that limit on the Chase bumped up was pretty sweet, and my last update from Penfed shows my score is still happy.  I wonder what it takes to get to 950 on the Nextgen scale?

Oh, funny thing I noticed; between Cap1, Penfed, and USAA I have access to some form of a score from all three CB's.  No charge.  I know it's not the oft revered Fico, but I can say for sure if I'm well over 800 on any model, I'll look good in my Fico too.  

Can't wait to see what 2017 has in store for me.

Capture.PNG

Message 446 of 450
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Going Debt-Free; is it possible?

846, fantastic, well done, Im not familiar with the nextgen Fico model you might pose that question over in the UFS forum Smiley Happy

Message 447 of 450
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Awesome progress on your journey p-.

I've followed it for a very long time quietly and used some of your points to actually help me with my journey as well. You've inspired me to provide my infomation here for assistance and advice as well. I would love any feedback that you can offer!

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 448 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an addiction of opening to many cards, so I'm working on slowing down and buildng my score

Message 449 of 450
805orbust
Valued Contributor

You know P-, you "could" just spend the $30 and pull a 3B report here and just get the real numbers... sheeesh I feel like you owe us that at this point LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 450 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.