Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: DEBT-DOWN UPDATE

@Dustink wrote:

@Dustink wrote:
Maybe when you are ready to move you can rent out your current home and get some future cash flow out of it. Moving up is always nice Smiley Happy
Funny you should mention that - we've been debating the merits.  It's a good size for a rental, but it's on 5 acres with all of the land maintenance issues that go along with that.  I'm not sure if it's the best candidate for a rental.

Some tenants like that. They like having space and are willing to pay more for it. You can either write into the lease that the tenant is to maintain it (ie mow ect), or you can have your management company take care of it. The rental home I lived in before my apartment space had about that much land. The owner had some people come by every week to take care of mowing, trimming, pool ect. I bet he had worked out a good rate with them. The house brought in $2500 per month off peak and $5000 per month peak. This house was not all that nice and it was out there. The closes town only had 800 people.

Wow, that would be nice...  I'd have to do a few improvements to make it rental friendly, but that might be the way to go.

Message 261 of 450
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Wow, that would be nice...  I'd have to do a few improvements to make it rental friendly, but that might be the way to go.

Good luck with whatever direction you chose to go. You have done great things with your credit. Best wishes to you and yours.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 262 of 450
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

p- I just read through all 27 pages of your journey & want to sincerely tell you....

YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION!!! CONGRATS!!!!!Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 263 of 450
flowman
Established Member

Hey P,

You've been an inspiration to me over the years as I've used many of your techniques for getting back in the 700 club.  Would be happy to assist you with the PenFed info.  The hardest part is membership at PenFed as they run your credit (Equifax only) when you join.  Anything over 700 is recommended and preferred.   There are Many posts here about PenFed membership info that you can fine.  PenFed uses the same hard pull up to 3 months for any loan or credit card application.  The loan refi is 1.49% base on Kelly's blue book value.  I've noticed they are very liberal with estimates and recently refi'd my SUV and took some extra cash out to pay down other bills at 1.49% rate.   Not a bad deal.

Message 264 of 450
JustinNguyen
Contributor

I read all your pages. I disputed all in my friend credit report. Just 5 of them on EQ gone. 2 on Tu and 2 on Ex gone. TU and EX don't let me dispute nomore . I just send DV to all OC and CA . But someone in this forum said don't send to OC. But I did. Now I just wait for CA respond my DV

Message 265 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Dust - Thanks, we might just go that route.  It's something we've talked about, and seems like a smart decision given the depressed prices.

Jinx - Thanks, I appreciate it.  I was pretty clueless until I found this forum and I owe alot to this community.

Flow - That's good info, thanks.  My Equifax is in pretty good shape right now, but has 3 scored inquiries.  One of them ages in a couple weeks.  I might have to go ahead and join.  1.5% for a car loan is as close to free money as it gets.  

Justin - I'd be careful about disputing too much, especially if it's a legitimate account.  Like you said, eventually they'll consider you frivolous.  Don't bother DV-ing the original creditor unless they are contimuing to collect, instead go through the DV with the current collector, then see if you can negotiate a PFD.  Hard to do, takes lots of time, but well worth it.  Send GW letters to any paid baddies - it takes time but I've heard it works.  I also suggest you focus your efforts on the most recent derogatory items first, as they will have the greatest impact on your score.  

Message 266 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Executive Mosh

@p- wrote:

Like most, I've had a hard time gettting Capital One to grow with me - I am still stuck at a 3,500 limit on my Platinum Rewards card.

I tried customer service, backdoor numbers, chat, and even the social team with no luck.  Some of them even told me that I was as high as my particular card would ever go, because that product has a cap.

Yesterday, after some inspiration from a thread here, I emailed the CEO (google it) and  explained my frustration.  I was nice, and explained to him that what I really wanted was a product change to a Cash Rewards Visa Signature with a higher limit.  That was at the end of the day yesterday, and this morning I received a call from a member of the executive team.

She was polite and helpful, but all business.  She immediatly upgraded me to the 1.5% cash rewards card with no A/F, and is processing (with a soft pull!) my request for the credit limit increase.  She asked me some income and obligation questions, nothing unexpected, and then asked for a min/max credit limit I was looking for.  I told her 10k to 15k.  We'll have to see how that plays out.

I was so happy, it wasn't untilI hung up that I realized I never heard her say "Visa Signature".  Now I'm wondering if I actually got upgraded to the siggy card.  I looked online and it appears that the extra half percent rewards bonus only comes with the siggy cash card - plus the non-sig ones are for limits under 5k.  What do y'all think?  Will I get my first Visa Signature card out of all of this?

Good news eveyone...  After checking the website a few hundred times over the weekend, I logged on this morning to find my Capital One Platinum card has increased from 3,500 to 10,000.  There is no doubt whatsoever that the exec route is the way to go with Capital One.  I'm still waiting to find out for sure if I have the signature card.  From what I've read, if my rewards card is over 5k that's what I'll get, but my online account still says "Platinum Mastercard"  The rep mentioned that she was sending me new cards in the mail, so I guess I'll find out then.  

Not sure how important having a signature card is but it sounds nifty.  If she calls today I'll ask.  

Message 267 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:
Good news eveyone...  After checking the website a few hundred times over the weekend, I logged on this morning to find my Capital One Platinum card has increased from 3,500 to 10,000.  There is no doubt whatsoever that the exec route is the way to go with Capital One.  I'm still waiting to find out for sure if I have the signature card.  From what I've read, if my rewards card is over 5k that's what I'll get, but my online account still says "Platinum Mastercard"  The rep mentioned that she was sending me new cards in the mail, so I guess I'll find out then.  

Not sure how important having a signature card is but it sounds nifty.  If she calls today I'll ask.  

The steps to Exec CLI at Capital One are listed HERE.

Message 268 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Good news everyone.  I received a letter yesterday from Cap 1 confirming my product change and welcoming me to the shiny new green no hassle rewards card.  Sweet!  They also mentioned that I had a new card on the way.  Unfortunately, there was no mention whether I have a Signature card coming or not.

Based on what I've seen it's Siggy if your CL is over 5k, and mine is now 10, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Message 269 of 450
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 270 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.