cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase Time! (CLI Time) and more.

pisspoorcredit wroteSmiley Tongue-...I WISH I could have ur luck in getting approved! I know it's coming soon though...The gravy-train's a comin! I found a nice quote earlier...'When things dont happen right away, just remember...it takes 6 months to build a Rolls Royce' and 13 hours to build a Toyota".

Hang in there.  Remember, as long as you pay on time, all the time, you're on track for perfect credit in 7 years or so.  Everything else you do just shortens that time.  Enjoy!

Message 361 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

FICO Score update, near 800 with 27% util!

Six months ago my scores were:

FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765

Now they are:

FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739

Lots to be excited about...  That 797 is closer to 800 than I've ever been, and with my current utilization comes as a surprise.  That tells me when I PIF last month's vacation, I'll have a good chance of breaking 800.  This represents a nice jump due mostly to my old WFS car loan turning positive.  It's clear to me that utilization matters more when paired with a derogative; good information for anyone rebuilding.  

Other milestones since may last update are sparse; I did get a CLI on my Cap1 World Card from 10k to 12k.  All year they've denied me because of lack of use, so I used it for vacation and ran it up to 5k.  All of a sudden I qualify for a nice CLI.  Going forward I'll use each card leading up to the request for CLI.  I did add a car loan in May, swapping out wifey's Jeep for a 2013 Toyota Avalon.  It's nice, and Penfed's 1.79 rate for a used car loans means we can afford a lot more car for the same money.  Credit is handy.

If all goes well, I should hit the 800 club in six months!

Here is a snapshot of my credit on the day the scores were pulled:

Utilization - 27%

Cards w/ Balance - 3 of 8
AAOA - 5.35 yr
Oldest Account - 10.98 yr
1 Scored Inquiries
5 Unscored inquiries
1 Mortgage 5+ yrs perfect history
2 Open installment accounts (car loans)
4 Active revolvers
3 Active AU revolvers
1 Active Charge Account
10 Closed in good standing accounts

Derogs:
0 Collection accounts (yeaaah)

Lates-

Experian:
0 derogs

0 scored inq

Equifax:
3 lates, 6.5 years old <---- Positive in 6 mo!

1 scored inq

Transunion:
6 lates, 6.5 years old <---- Positive in 6 mo!

0 scored inq

7034iF503CBA63CCCF2D9.png

Message 362 of 450
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: FICO Score update, near 800 with 27% util!

@p- wrote:

Six months ago my scores were:

FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765

Now they are:

FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739

Lots to be excited about...  That 797 is closer to 800 than I've ever been, and with my current utilization comes as a surprise.  That tells me when I PIF last month's vacation, I'll have a good chance of breaking 800.  This represents a nice jump due mostly to my old WFS car loan turning positive.  It's clear to me that utilization matters more when paired with a derogative; good information for anyone rebuilding.  

Other milestones since may last update are sparse; I did get a CLI on my Cap1 World Card from 10k to 12k.  All year they've denied me because of lack of use, so I used it for vacation and ran it up to 5k.  All of a sudden I qualify for a nice CLI.  Going forward I'll use each card leading up to the request for CLI.  I did add a car loan in May, swapping out wifey's Jeep for a 2013 Toyota Avalon.  It's nice, and Penfed's 1.79 rate for a used car loans means we can afford a lot more car for the same money.  Credit is handy.

If all goes well, I should hit the 800 club in six months!

Here is a snapshot of my credit on the day the scores were pulled:

Utilization - 27%

Cards w/ Balance - 3 of 8
AAOA - 5.35 yr
Oldest Account - 10.98 yr
1 Scored Inquiries
5 Unscored inquiries
4 Active revolvers
3 Active AU revolvers
1 Active Charge Account

Derogs:

Lates-

Experian:
0 derogs

0 scored inq

Equifax:
3 lates, 6.5 years old <---- Positive in 6 mo!

1 scored inq

Transunion:
6 lates, 6.5 years old <---- Positive in 6 mo!

0 scored inq

7034iF503CBA63CCCF2D9.png

Congrats! Your story is so encouraging I have read all pages!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 363 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO Score update, near 800 with 27% util!

New_Beginning wrote: Congrats! Your story is so encouraging I have read all pages!

Thanks!  Now the hard part is not using all of that credit...  It's incredible what things in life change with good credit.  The same monthly payment buys a better car, a bigger house, and even insurance goes down.  

I just hope I'm able to teach my kids how important it is so that they don't have to go through the same thing.

Message 364 of 450
p-
Valued Contributor

Achievement unlocked: 800 club!

Three months ago my scores were:

FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739

Now they are:

FICO EXP: 813 - EQU: 802 - TRAN: 756

Lots to be excited about... This is the first time in my life I have topped 800, and it represents a major milestone.  I'm suprised based on the number of cards I have with a balance and my utilization to see it jump like that.  Between wifey and I Christmas shopping and our work expenses, we have lots revolving through the cards.

Other milestones since my last update are sparse; I have no limit increases or new inquiries since my last update.  Here is a snapshot of my credit on the day the scores were pulled:

Utilization - 16%
Cards w/ Balance - 5 of 8
AAOA - 5.69 yr
Oldest Account - 11.32 yr
1 Scored Inquiry
0 Unscored inquiries
4 Active revolvers
3 Active AU revolvers
1 Active Charge Account

Derogs, collections, and lates:

Experian:
0 derogs
0 scored inq

Equifax:
0 derogs
1 scored inq

Transunion:
3 lates, 6.5 years old <---- Positive in 3 mo!
0 scored inq

The only difference between Ex and Eq is a single inquiry, which appears to cost me 11 points.  I'm still amazed to be this high with so many balances and a utilization over 10%.  It will be interesting to see in a few months what kind of score I get with utilization optimized.  Beyond a reduction in utilization, the only other difference from last quarter on Experian was my credit file's 11th birthday.  

The late payments from 2008 remain on Transunion, and appear to cost me 57 points.  Wow.  Still, I've come a long way from the 530 score on Eq that I started with when I joined.  Thanks y'all for the help along the way!

scores.png

Message 365 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Achievement unlocked: 800 club!

Wow! Just read all 37 pages! Inspiration! A thought about your TU...have you tri3d calling  TU to remove the lates based on early exclusion? It works!

Message 366 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome work!  I'm about 18 months out until all baddies have aged out I have a calendar event each time an item falls off Smiley Happy.  I like your quote about on time payment history equaling perfect credit in seven years, everything else just speeds up the procces LOL.  Glad to see you're still around, I remember reading your thread from start to finish one night about a year ago, I might have to do that again.

Oz

Message 367 of 450
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 368 of 450
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDIT REBUILD PROJECT LOG

Great thread! Hope to be where you are eventually! I started my rebuild one year ago this month with 13 collections, 3 charge offs, and one cc with a 60-90-120 day late from mid 2013. EQ FICO was a 407. Since then I am down to 2 collections (one I just did a PFD), one charge off, and still have the 30-60-90 late. Good accounts I have 2 Auto loans all on time, one closed paid off auto loan with no negative info, 4 credit cards all on time, and a SL opened in 07 with no negatives. CCs are carrying high balances but just paid quite a bit on them so waiting for statements to cut and update. Current EQ FICO is 575. Once the CC balances get down below 10% uti, the collection deletes, and hopefully the Lates are removed (currently working towards that) I will be above a 600, fingers crossed. I also have around 19 hard pulls showing but most drop off May 15 (accrued shopping around for my last car loan). All the other stuff I guess I'll just keep sending GWs on and hope for the best. If not by 2020 I'll have a cleab report when they drop off! Mid 2013 read a rough time for my credit :-/ Once again CONGRATS and keep updating us. It's threads like this that give people inspiration!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 369 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for documenting your journey.  This is my first post, always had good credit then things fell apart in 2008.  Because we had a forclosure and some collections we gave up on credit and lived a cash lifestyle while absorbing a huge paycut.  We had to buy a car recently and it was humiliating to have such terrible credit at our age and despite the pay cut well above average income. Your thread documenting your progress has inspired me to take charge and build good credit again.  I am starting off at 601 Faco CK so I have a way to go to get to my dream of 800-850 but I will be happy to get to 700 within a year so I don't have to go through the shame I did this past summer when we replace our oldest car.  Anyway thanks so much.  I will start my own rebuilding thread soon but wanted to tell you that your efforts have helped someone have both hope and some strategies to rebuild.

Message 370 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.