Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REPAIR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT REPAIR

I JUST BOUGHT A HOME BACK IN JUNE AND PURCHASED A USED CAR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND I AM TRYING TO BUILD UP MY CREDIT. I FILED BANKRUPTCY BACK IN 2005 AND I DO NOT HAVE ANY CREDIT CARDS, NO ONE WILL APPROVE ME. I JUST CHECKED MY FICO SCORE ON THIS WEB SITE AND IT IS 583, CAN SOMEONE OFFER SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO BOOST MY CREDIT SCORE.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDIT REPAIR

You may just want to try and get a secured card to start off with.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO YOU HAVE ONE YOU MIGHT RECOMMEND, I KNOW THAT I NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY REPORT TO ALL 3 CREDIT REPORT AGENCIES

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Do you belong to a credit union?

Can try:

CU: Credit Unions try there best to work with you and will usually let you know what you would need

Orchard: Seems to be a decent rebuilder card, requirements aren't too bad for approval.

BOA: They haven't been so easy as of lately

CITI: They haven't been so easy as of lately

Cap One: Seems to be a decent rebuilder card.

HSBC: Seems to be decent rebuilder card.

Public: NO credit check needed, just send in the money needed to open card.

There are plenty of secured cards out there. 

Just keep in mind the more money you secure the higher your limit will be and better you look to future creditors for higher credit limits after you let the secure card age some. Look into the different cards and see what you feel is best for you. Then use the search here in MYFICO and see what others have said about those cards. You can see what scores others have had, what CRA they pulled, INQ's on CR's, you will find a lot of good useful information searching.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Desparatly, you have the right focus.

You need revolving credit for any credit rebuliding process.

Secured CCs are little risk to the lendor, so just seek one that reports to the CRAs,

That is the right step now.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.