Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRS & Associates

tag
learned_my_lesson
New Contributor

CRS & Associates

They called me about an account from 2003and said they were filing to have me served  tomorrow. I explained it was beyond the statute of limitations. This person named Toni Warren whoclaimed she was in the legal dept.  said I was wrong and they were going to file and have me served, get a judgment, have my employer notified and place a garnishment on my check. She demanded payment of a reduced amount or I would be responsible for the amount owed plus interest, legal fees, court costs and any other fees. What  can I do.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CRS & Associates

You are certain this is past the SOL?   I'm pretty sure it probably is too.  Congrats!!!!  You have a bottom feeder.   Be serious when they call back, ask for the address so you can take care of this immediately.  Be adamant about getting the address.  When you do get it, tell them you will be sending them the money by means of carrier pigeon but it can only carry 2 dimes and a penny at time so it might take a few trips.  Then hang up the phone and write them a nice FOAD letter and send it to them CMRRR.  This is also called a cease and desist letter.  Smiley Happy  Then after they have received that, everytime they contact you go down and file a $1000 small claims suit against them for violation.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
learned_my_lesson
New Contributor

I am inLouisiana and our sol is 3 years. It was such a surprise to be threatened like that. I have never heard of this company. Has anyone else dealt with them?

Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I did not too long ago on behalf of my mother in law.  They are a real piece of work.  And no they're not going to serve you anything.  Just send them the cease and desist.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.