Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRTP Help!!

tag
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

CRTP Help!!

Two Questions:
1. I have a medical debt that went to collections. The office is saying that there are two separate appointment dates that I owe money for. The debt went to collections as one debt. When would my CRTP start? With the first appointment date, the second appointment date or both?

2. I have a CO with CC with a 60 day late. Then I payed on time for 3 months, then a 30 day late. After that I payed on time for 6 months. Then the I just stoped paying the account until just before the sold to CA. Do I start the CRTP on the first 60 day late or when I finally stopped paying the account?

Thanks guys, you have been amazing so far! I have gotten several baddies taken off my CR. The above accounts are the only negs left. Since both are PIF I'm still working on dispute and GW. I want to know worst case scenario if I cant get them off, how long I will have to wait.
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CRTP Help!!

ferferhess wrote:
Two Questions:
1. I have a medical debt that went to collections. The office is saying that there are two separate appointment dates that I owe money for. The debt went to collections as one debt. When would my CRTP start? With the first appointment date, the second appointment date or both?

2. I have a CO with CC with a 60 day late. Then I payed on time for 3 months, then a 30 day late. After that I payed on time for 6 months. Then the I just stoped paying the account until just before the sold to CA. Do I start the CRTP on the first 60 day late or when I finally stopped paying the account?

Thanks guys, you have been amazing so far! I have gotten several baddies taken off my CR. The above accounts are the only negs left. Since both are PIF I'm still working on dispute and GW. I want to know worst case scenario if I cant get them off, how long I will have to wait.

IMO, the best way to determine when CRTP is to cheat. If you were to pull your EX and/or TU CR directly from those CRAs, then you'll find a drop off date. To find DOFD, just subtract 7 yrs and you'll get the date as seen by the CRAs.

If I were to guess on the dates above, then for the med debt, DOFD should be on the second visit. For the CC, if it went to CO status, then DOFD would likely be shortly before that date.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess wrote:
Two Questions:

I've never heard of them combining debts. The amount of the first debt would have to be wiped clean 7.5 years from date of service. The remaining balance of the 2nd debt can remain until 7.5 years from date of service on that debt. Now, would the CA actually change the balance at 7.5 years from date of serivce on first debt, IMO, only if you got the courts involved.

How much of time lapse between the two debts?

DOFD is the date of your first delinquency that led to the current status(charge off/collection). Any time before charge off/collection that you catch the account up to date, the DOFD is started over when you default again. So, if each time you paid after the first late, you were current on the account, then DOFD would be when you stopped paying the account.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

. I have a medical debt that went to collections. The office is saying that there are two separate appointment dates that I owe money for. The debt went to collections as one debt. When would my CRTP start? With the first appointment date, the second appointment date or both?
Medical collections are handled different then other collections!!  

To protect your rights under HIPAA, you should not write or correspond with a Collection Agency regarding a medical collection account within SOL.
This process is not applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay.  The medical claim must either be paid, inaccurate, or you are prepared to remit the valid correct amount due with the HIPAA letter.
The Pre-HIPAA letter is sent to the CRA to dispute medical collection accounts on your CR that are within SOL and are:  paid, valid but unpaid, "not mine" or inaccurate.
  1. Dispute a paid medical collection directly with the CRA and they should delete.  If not deleted, but verified, send HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert b). 
  2. Dispute valid but unpaid medical collections because you need the CRA to verify the balance.  There may be no valid balance due and the CRA will delete.  Only after the CRA has verified and you agree that the amount is correct is the HIPAA letter sent with payment (Whychat's process - insert a).  The payment amount should be the same amount as was verified by the CRA and on your CR.
  3. If the medical collection account is "not mine" or inaccurate, you need to have disputed the medical collection listing with the CRA.  Only after the CRA verifies and does not delete an invalid or inaccurate medical collection do you send the HIPAA  letter              
  4.  Do a web search for the HIPAA letter, find the correct letter & follow the directions
Message 4 of 5
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

I guess I need to clarify on the medical collections guestion. It is not actually at a collection agency, the office never sold the debt. The office is reporting it a over 120 days late. It has a $0 balance. The CR does not report who the actual debt is owed to (on myfico or TC)... I was able to tell by looking at an old credit report, I found the name listed under the "Creditor's Contacts." When I called them to find out about the debt, they told me that I still owe them $350. The SOL in TX is 4 years and its been 5.5 years.......

I don't think I owe this debt. I'm pretty sure that they billed the wrong insurance and then sent statements to the wrong address (after I gave them the correct info.) They also never tried to contact me by phone about this account.....
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.