Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRTP up in 6 months. Should I PFD?

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

CRTP up in 6 months. Should I PFD?

My Asset account will be coming off my report in 2/12. I want to get it off sooner than later. Should I do a PFD since time is running out for them for receive the money?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CRTP up in 6 months. Should I PFD?

OP, I split your post to form a new one here. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

To answer the question.....it is up to you. It's a personal judgment call.

Now if it falls off 2/2012, then the DOFD was 2/2005. You might want to check your state's SOL to see if that expired or not. YMMV. And even if it falls off in 2012, they can still collect beyond that, though they can no longer report. But whether or not you want it off earlier is your call. Since this is a CA, be sure to DV first before offering a PFD.

Message 2 of 4
RW771
Frequent Contributor

IMHO, I wouldn't do anything and just let it fall off in February like it's scheduled to (unless you're in a hurry and needing it off sooner for a particular reason). The reason I say this is I've been battling with this company FOREVER and any time I've ever done anything they've updated my CR, and it's always hurt me.

I have however had some success (I guess that's what you could call it) dealing with this company since my last post from yesterday (I was trying to find a good GW contact). After much digging, I found what I believed to be a very important email address and took the risk and sent it. Turns out, it was an exec to AA and they replied back! Their reply was my letter was going to be reviewed and they will be responding to my request shortly. I'm hoping and praying this turns out they way I want it to and that they will delete it completely since I've paid it! Worse case scenario: Nothing changes, but at least they've acknowledged my email and it was a correct email address afterall! lol

GL!!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 3 of 4
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Just to update: I received a Scorewatch notification yesterday telling me something had changed with this account, so I figured it was result of the GW email I sent. I logged in and here's what it showed:

1 of your accounts reported changes
ASSET ACCEPTANCE CORP.  (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

Account opened: 6/2008
Description: Paid collection

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:At least 120 days or more than four payments past dueAt least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Last activity:7/1/20067/1/2006
Description:Paid collection
Collection account
Paid collection

Contact: ASSET ACCEPTANCE CORP., Asset Acceptance,Llc, PO Box 2036, Warren, MI, 480902036

It looks like the only thing that changed was the description box which perviously stated "Paid collection; Collection account" to "Paid collection". It's already being reported as "Paid Collection" to Equifax and TU, so myfico. was the only one still showing it to show this way. My score did not change in any way, so I'm a little disappointed that nothing more changed. Guess I really didn't expect much out of them anyway but hoped they'd give it a chance. After dealing with their crap over the past several years I should have known. Oh well, at least I gave it a shot.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.