Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC - Report Results - Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSC - Report Results - Help!

Hello!

At the beginning of October, I filed a dispute with CSC Credit Services for two accounts that were showing as derogatory on my credit report.  Today I received the CSC Credit Services report regarding the two accounts.  I normally have do not have any issues with my reading comprehension, but with this report I am suffering from what feels like a 3rd grade education.  Smiley Mad

The report states the following:

"The items listed below were investigated at your request.  Please review your attached credit file for the current status of each item.

Tradeline Informaiton

American General Fin XXX (removed)

Benchmark/GEMB  XXX (removed)

Explanation of re-investigation results.

When re-investigating disputed information, CSC Credit Service's procedure is to contact the source of the information directly, either by an automated system, by letter or by telephone.  Upon receipt of your request, we will provide you with the company name and the address of the source contacted.  In addition, a telephone number will be provided when available.

If the results of the re-investigation indicate that the source continues to report the information you disputed, you have the right to contact the creditor directly or request us to include a notation regarding the disputed information.  You may also submit a brief statement to CSC Credit Services that will be included at the end of all subsequent credit reports which may serve as an explanation of any information you dispute.

Please note: If the re-investigation results in changing or deleting the information, you may request an updated credit report be sent to any credit grantor that received your credit report in the past six months (twelve months for New York and Maryland) and/or any company which received your credit report in the last two years for employment purposes.

Please see the enclosed summary of your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, as amended October 1, 1997.

Thank you for giving CSC Credit Services the opportunity to serve you.  Please submit future reinvestigations online at www.csccredit.com.  You may also order your CSC Credit Services report online at www.csccredit.com.

www.csccredit.com"

My problem is that I don't see any results!

A credit report was attached, but it does not list the two lines mentioned in the letter.  Does this mean they have been removed?  I went to FreeCreditReport.com and paid the $24.00 bucks to run all three agencies but still see those trade lines in question, along with a bad credit score.

Help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSC - Report Results - Help!

I've asked myself the same thing.  They dont say what the results are.  I think you just have to comb through the report they supply and see what they did with it.  If its gone, then it shouldnt be on your Equifax any more...?

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brandon,

Thanks for replying.  The report they provided do not list the two accounts.  I went through each one, and matched the name/account number; they were not listed. 

I went back and looked at the Free Credit Report.com result, and under Equifax it notes for the lines question:

"No Data Returned
For This Bureau"

Yet TU / Experian still show the lines.  Does this mean that they just haven't updated?   Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the report prior to this one on hand.  The net result was that my credit score didn't change when I just ran it today.

Thoughts?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CSC is in fact a credit reporting agency.  Not one of the "big-three," but nonetheless, a CRA.  They have affiliate contrracts with Equifax.

I presume that you disputed through a CRA under FCRA 611(a), rather than directtly disputing with the real party at dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

A Notice of Results of Rinvestigation from a CRA must include, under FCRA 611(a)(6)(B), a statment that the reeinvestigation is completed, a copy of your credit report that reflects the results of their reinvestigation (so, yes, they did provide results), a notice that you may ask for a descrprioon of the procedures they used,  and notice that you have the right to add a consuemr statement.to your CR.  They aparently did all of this.  So I see no lack of compliance by CSC.

If the party who posted the actual information with the CRA, which is the party that CSC contacted during its "reinvestigation," did not verfiy the accuracy to them, then the CRA was requried to delte the information from your CR under FCRA 611(a)(5).  If their Notice of Reinvestigtaion no longer included the disptued items. then the credit report issued by CSC could most logically be interpreted as CRA deeltion on the basis of non-verificatio by the OC.

But to know for sure just what happened, take CSC up on its commitiment under FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii), to provide you a full descritpion of the procedyres they used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the disputed information in the conduct of thier "reinvestigation."  Of course, ask them if they were the party who, as a result of their reinvestigtion, executed CR removal.

I would not be confrontational with CSC.  In my opinion, their "Notice of Results of Reinvestigation is fully compliant.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you live in texas (like i do), csc is your intermediary for equifax reports.  equifax does not deal directly with consumers in tx, csc does.  i'm not sure why this is, but i'm guessing it's a regulatory issue.  what you see on your csc report is exactly what equifax reports, so the two can be treated as one and the same.

the csc reinvestigation says those two tradelines were removed, so your validation/dispute worked.  be happy!  if you don't see them in your updated report, which csc is required to provide you, then they will not be reported by equifax.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.