cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC not showing deletions after letter?

tag
ljspeed

CSC not showing deletions after letter?

My wife disputed 5 items with Equifax back in October. We faxed it in and I know it’s usually best to mail but we had an estimated date of two weeks from the date received online. Well the estimated date passed, 30 days passed, and no file was ever available for us to view the results. She called Equifax directly and got nowhere on the phone, then 45 days passed. Once again a bunch of excuses on the phone so I told her we needed to submit a complaint to the CFPB. This was not a free credit report and they clearly had a violation once the 30 days passed. So we attached all docs and went back and forth on the CFPB complaint. Well CFPB said that they would forward a copy to the FTC for the violations and that was the last update. Tonight, check the mail and there is a thick letter from CSC. Since we are in TX, CSC handles us and on letterhead it states they did a reinvestigation from our complaint and deleted all 5 items. Well that’s great huh? Not too soon .. they attached “an updated report” but those items are still on there. The letterhead is dated 12/14 but the credit report is dated 12/13? We were curious so she went online like she was submitting a dispute to see if the negatives were there and sure enough they were. Has anyone dealt with CSC and had a similar situation? I am wondering if it takes a few business days to come off? The letter clearly says that the items were deleted. It has a direct # and fax to the paralegal that completed this for CSC. It’s too late to call today but I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this with CSC. Thanks guys.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSC not showing deletions after letter?

I'd call them again and see what they have to say.  They claim to delete but didn't, I believe there's a violation in there somewhere.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.