Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU loan details

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

CU loan details

I recently applied with my CU to refinance my Prosper loan, which is at 17.22%, and they want to offer me an auto loan for my car -- we have no auto loans -- for whatever equity I have at 5.99% and the rest as an unsecured loan at 8.99%. Obviously the interest is significantly better, so I'm thinking I want to take it, but is there anything I'm overlooking? Will it impact my auto insurance? Anything else I should consider?
Thanks.

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CU loan w/ car for collateral

@SFernandez13461 wrote:
I recently applied with my CU to refinance my Prosper loan, which is at 17.22%, and they want to offer me an auto loan for my car -- we have no auto loans -- for whatever equity I have at 5.99% and the rest as an unsecured loan at 8.99%. Obviously the interest is significantly better, so I'm thinking I want to take it, but is there anything I'm overlooking? Will it impact my auto insurance? Anything else I should consider?
Thanks.

This was actually one of the steps I took with my CU when i started rebuilding, altho I didn't need the money but the credit as i really had none. I took a loan against my truck for a year for 7000, paid the loan back over a year with the same money I borrowed. It dramatiaclly improved my credit score for having an instalment loan. as the balance was reduced over the year my score raised and raised. 

you will probably be required to have full coverage insurance incase something were to happen the vehicle would be paid off and the bank would get the funds. That was about my only requirement

Message 2 of 3
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Re: CU loan w/ car for collateral

Thanks 🙂

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.