cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVF Consumer Acquisitions/ Should I DV?

tag
CaptainHGF1

Re: CVF Consumer Acquisitions/ Should I DV?

@zhenxinqian wrote:

A lot of people are in this same boat. CVF Consumer Acquisitions is 'popping up' on a lot of peoples reports in the last month with a Date opened 08/11. The same 'account' popped up on my DH's report, and each CRA is reporting the company name and address differently. I researched the different company names a bit and they all fall under LVNV Funding or Sherman group. From my understanding, if you DV, they just sell (or pass on) to another sub company under LVNV Funding, and if you DV the new one, it just happens again. We've disputed with the 3 CRAs, and sent out DVs. However, it seems like this is only the beginning of the nightmare. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Good luck. I hope you get it removed.

This is interesting.  On 1/16 I got an alert for the same company, with the same 8/11 opening date.  From what I can see of the account numbers, it matches an old Capital One account I had that was charged off.  The balance didn't make any sense, but I assumed it came about because I recently opened a new Cap1 card.  I wasn't too worried about it because that account is getting ready to drop later this year anyway.  Better draw up a DV just in case!

Message 11 of 31
zhenxinqian
Contributor

Everyone seems to have have the same dates. My DH's is for an old Sprint account, however we called Sprint and they have no record of any such account, yes he had an account many years ago, but settled it when he ended his service with them. Sprint says he owes them nothing, and never has. I don't think it's actually a identity theft issue as much as a scam issue. =/ 

Starting Score: 600ish
Current Score: 638 Myfico EQ!
Goal Score: 640 by March 1st, 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 31
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would drop a quick letter to the FTC, who has administrative enforcement authority over the FDCPA, outlining the matter.

While the FTV does not take action on individual consumer complaints, they are very interested in activities that affect multiple consumers,and show a pattern.

If they receive enough complaints,they have the authority and resources to investigate and take legal action.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing appeared on my DH's report on January 15th for a mysterious Wells Fargo credit card that also reported on 8/11.  Dunning letter was sent about a week later.  My husband has never owned a Wells Fargo credit card, and they are saying he owes over $3,000! Smiley Surprised

So convenient, that this appeared right when we were actively working on improving his credit so we can buy a house this year...

I am sending a DV letter today, and if that doesn't work, we'll go the identity theft route.  Hoping for the best for everyone dealing with CVF!!!

Message 14 of 31
mommyof4
Valued Member

Hmmm...

It's seems they're are a lot of us being hit by CVF. I too have been hit on all three of my reports with the "open" date of 8/11.  I received a alert on the 27th of January from Equifax, but now it's on all three. They are claiming I owe a gym membership with Bally's from 06. I never had a gym membership with Bally in 06, but I did have one in 02, but was closed in 03.  I called Ballys and they said they don't show any record of my membership at all ( even though I did have one in 02). I'm not sure where they're getting their info from, but they violating the laws CLEARLY.  I have written to the FTC. I'm also disputing this with all three breuaus. My score tanked 53 points because of this.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi- I received an alert today that I had a deliquency on my report- so I pulled it and it shows this same company with an open date of 8/2011 noting Nextel- which I haven't had Nextel for many many years...  I have tried to find a number to contact this company to inquire what this is regarding but to no avail. 

Has anyone had success in contacting this company? If not, any recommendations on what I should do?

Thanks!!

Message 16 of 31
Toonie
Established Member

I DV'd mine and it was deleted. I can certainly PM the adress I mailed it to if you like?
Scores (all FICO):
EQ 653 (5/3/12); 676 (7/30/12)
EX 669 (3/12/12); 683 (per AmEx 7/5/12)
TU 614 (2/27/12)
Goal Scores across the board - 700+
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as everyone else in regards to CVF Smiley Indifferent; 8/11 for Bank of America? Not tracking that. I have never initiated a DV (other than through online with Experian/Equifax). Is that the best way?

*If a standard letter is better, does anyone have a sample that I can use?

Message 18 of 31
Toonie
Established Member

OK so I received a letter from CVF today and they did in fact validate the debt (uuuugggghhhh!!!). I have to try and get this resolved. At this point I'm thinking the next step would be for me to send them a pfd, correct? They did provide a number for me to call on the correspondence stating account balance may vary from day to day, etc.....so should I call to discuss PDF and amount and then request an agreement in writing from them if they agree to my pfd request? Thanks for guidance on best way to settle.
Scores (all FICO):
EQ 653 (5/3/12); 676 (7/30/12)
EX 669 (3/12/12); 683 (per AmEx 7/5/12)
TU 614 (2/27/12)
Goal Scores across the board - 700+
Message 19 of 31
zhenxinqian
Contributor

I'd write. I've spoke to them a few times on the phone, and it wasn't pleasent. A lot of 'no we cannot delete.' 

Starting Score: 600ish
Current Score: 638 Myfico EQ!
Goal Score: 640 by March 1st, 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.