cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVF Consumer Acquisitions/ Should I DV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CVF Consumer Acquisitions/ Should I DV?

Can you please send me that address that you DV too...also can you send me a sample copy of the DV latter u send?..

Thank you

Message 21 of 31
Toonie
Established Member

As I stated in an earlier post, CVF did validate the debt.  I am working on now on my letter back to them; however, here is my question:

Since I sent them a DV letter via CMRRR and they deleted the information from my report upon receipt of this DV request (I'm assuming while they researched it and completed their response back to me).  Do I state in my letter that I agree to pay the debt if they agree to what?  1. Not report to the CRA's; 2. Pay for delete (although it is no longer there); or 3. Agree to not report to the CRA's and/or  remove any negative information they may have placed on my report?

I'm just not sure how I should handle this but want to make sure I cover my bases with them if they are willing to settle.

Thanks for any feedback.  Much appreciated!!

Scores (all FICO):
EQ 653 (5/3/12); 676 (7/30/12)
EX 669 (3/12/12); 683 (per AmEx 7/5/12)
TU 614 (2/27/12)
Goal Scores across the board - 700+
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF you like I can IB the DV latter i send to them and the remove 2 account they had on my reports..I fax the latter to them with the name of all the company names they go by and all the top manager in the 13 company that are owen by them..the are a big comapny with 1.2billion in assets..you have to go hard with them to get something done..

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, any chance you can send me that letter as well?

it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had a chance to pursue this but plan on getting a letter out to them tomorrow morning.  I never did get a dunning letter from them by the way.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I get a copy of that letter you created and the list of associated company names on your fax page?

Thanks,

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

CVF consumer is also resugent  capital service I looked them up on bbb.org. Try are frauds i have collection letter from them that i dont owe and sent proof to them. they dont care all they do is sent it to another collection company and hope they will break you down so your pay them money you dont owe. I have report them to the  police and us postal service for mail and wire fraud today and file a report with the bbb.org and I will file another report with ftc.org. I also contacted a lawyer. This company tries to collected money that people do not owe .

contact info for them

CVF Consumer Aquisition

aka

Resurgent Capital Services LP

15 South Main Street Suite 600

Greenville, SC 29601

phone 1-866-464-1187

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks bleach!

Message 28 of 31
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

This EXACT same scenario happened to us. We weren't quite there on the mortgage so I wanted to see where we stood, so imagine my surprise when my LO pulled DH's credit and this little gem showed up a week later as an installment account. No dunning notice.

I immediately went to the BBB of SC and the SC attorney general.

It has since been deleted.

They HAVE to send you a dunning notice. They know they aren't doing this in compliance with the FCRA, so if you complain to the right people, they will delete.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 29 of 31
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Familywantsahouse wrote:

This EXACT same scenario happened to us. We weren't quite there on the mortgage so I wanted to see where we stood, so imagine my surprise when my LO pulled DH's credit and this little gem showed up a week later as an installment account. No dunning notice.

I immediately went to the BBB of SC and the SC attorney general.

It has since been deleted.

They HAVE to send you a dunning notice. They know they aren't doing this in compliance with the FCRA, so if you complain to the right people, they will delete.

Same exact thing.. LVNV was the company, but Resurgent none the less.. BBB complaint later, the account was removed in a couple weeks

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.