Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache LLC GW success!!!

tag
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Cache LLC GW success!!!

Firstly, I just want to extend a huge thank you to all who contribute to this forum!!! The wealth of knowledge that I've found since coming here in August has given me the tools and support to rebuild faster than what I would have thought possible, and just generally-speaking it's been a much-needed emotional support system for me, as well. Watching my credit take a nose dive, going from being a prime borrower able to get approved for anything, to someone with sub-prime credit at best made me feel lower than low. But the successes I've achieved thanks to this forum have given me a light at the end of that dark tunnel!

While I've been able to open a fair amount of new credit over the last few months, I've had one paid collection that has really been holding my scores down. I have other past lates as well (last late was one year ago), but being that this collection is still fairly recent I knew it was contributing quite a bit to my lower scores. I sent out my first round of GW letters just last Friday--Cache LLC (OC Cap One) was the one I was hoping, more than the others, would comply with my request to delete, as this collection was my most severe black mark. When I called last year and asked, while I was in the midst of still paying the collection, they indicated they never delete accurate reporting. So I waited until I paid the collection in full, then pled my case again. I sent an email as well as sending them a snail mail letter. They never responded but I woke up to my Experian score shooting up from 617 to 671 because the collection had been removed!!! I almost choked on my coffee!! I am still in shock!!

I still have a ways to go in terms of cleaning my reports but it's so nice to be seeing progress and to know that the work is paying off!! My financial situation is significantly improved over the last year and I know I'll continue to see growth as I continue to pay off past debt. For now I am feeling good about the gains that have been made. Thank you again, MyFico community!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Cache LLC GW success!!!

thanks for sharing...i've got to deal with them eventually...

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that, @schoolbuskid, though I guess the good news is that once they are paid, they seem willing to delete. I never had to deal with them directly for the most part--they have law firms actually manage the collection process. I've heard that Cache is a company that has no qualms with going after people in court so I could not wait to just get them paid and be done with it. Best of luck to you!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 3 of 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@I'm sorry to hear that, @Schoolbuskid, though I guess the good news is that once they are paid, they seem willing to delete. I never had to deal with them directly for the most part--they have law firms actually manage the collection process. I've heard that Cache is a company that has no qualms with going after people in court so I could not wait to just get them paid and be done with it. Best of luck to you!

Yeah fortunately, my collection is past SOL...so no worries there! I will try the PFD approach first. Thanks again!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.