Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cal Coast Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cal Coast Collection

My husband has a collection from 2013 on his credit from a medical bill from an emergency room visit for his daughter. The amount is about $900.  I tried to have him call and ask for PFD. They refused and were very rude. Saying they don't do that at all. I tried to call a different department and they said the same thing. I figure a GW letter won't help in this case either. I just checked his report and the date that it says it's reported on was July, 2016. I don't know if that was the date he called to inquire about the PFD or what. Not sure why they changed the date, or if it even matters. Should we try the HIPPA approach? There was no problem paying it but I want it deleted. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cal Coast Collection

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband has a collection from 2013 on his credit from a medical bill from an emergency room visit for his daughter. The amount is about $900.  I tried to have him call and ask for PFD. They refused and were very rude. Saying they don't do that at all. I tried to call a different department and they said the same thing. I figure a GW letter won't help in this case either. I just checked his report and the date that it says it's reported on was July, 2016. I don't know if that was the date he called to inquire about the PFD or what. Not sure why they changed the date, or if it even matters. Should we try the HIPPA approach? There was no problem paying it but I want it deleted. Any suggestions?

The HIPAA Process cannot be discussed on this board all we can do is advise you to Google it but I will give you the order in which to proceed with a medical collection reporting.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cal Coast Collection

gdale6-  Thank you for the information!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.