cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cal Coast - tackle together or separately?

tag
KrisNoel
Established Member

Cal Coast - tackle together or separately?

I am making my way through a mountain of baddies on my husband and my credit reports.  But I have a question on how to handle 2 collections accounts.  They are both relatively old, with the DOFD some time in early 2013.  One was for $2670, and paid off in early 2015. The other is for $110 for a medical debt and is unpaid.  I would like to send a PFD for the medical one, and a GW for the paid collection, but I don't know best to do this since they are from the same collection agency.  I have seen a sucessful GW letter that was for 2 accounts (both paid) at the same time, but as anyone ever written a combo PFD/GW letter?  The debt stems from the same time period so has the same cause (job loss), so seems possible to lump them together.

If I treat them separately, which is more important to do first, the PFD?  Or just pay the $110 and then GW the CA for both accounts at the same time? I don't remember ever seeing a notice for the medical debt, so I don't have any account info other than what is on credit report. 

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cal Coast - tackle together or separately?

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Before asking for the GW on the paid collection I would get the current collection taken care of, hopefully the OC will be able to help out before you have to get to step 3.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.