cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Franchise Tax Board lien filed in error went through!

tag
message_from_god
New Contributor

California Franchise Tax Board lien filed in error went through!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to leave a note here to let ppl know that I got the California FTB to contact the CRAs and say their lien was filed in error.  This is partially to say yay and partially to give ppl some searchable info as the FTB is difficult.  Getting the FTB to agree to a "filed in error" was totally hard (and they only did it out of a kindness to me to accommodate my psychiatric illness wherein opening my mail is very very difficult sometimes) and I had to call multiple times and re-convince them as the previous person hadn't left any records.  Big mess on their end but I am just grateful that they are doing it.  They said it would be 30-60 days at the very beginning of June.

I did not totally trust them so I called Experian and contested the lien (again) about 2.5 weeks later and today I ran my CRs and Exp has it removed!!!!!!  It is still on the other CRs but Ima call them manana and see what can be done.  

My Exp still has bad info on it and is probably lower than it ought to be (I'll speak w them tomorrow) but the score jumped from 628 to 640.  This is a big deal for me because I've allowed a lot of wrong stuff to be on my CRs my whole life and this is the highest my score has ever been (to my knowledge).  I'm wanting to get a mortgage on a condo soon so wanted to build up to like 700+ Or even 720 for an outstanding mortg rate, but no one would approve me for a cc using any CRA FICO with the (paid) public record on there (I paid it in full prior to contesting it (and being refunded)).

It's been so helpful to hear the insight from ppl on this forum.  The processes are so (purposefully, I'm sure) confusing and difficult and just from ppl's mentioning things in passing I've modified my approach and had success (I went from 503 Exp May 2015 to 640 today - FICO 8;  My mortgage middle score is now 707)

<3

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: California Franchise Tax Board lien filed in error went through!

This has me scared. I'm on a payment plan with CA FTB. What caused the error that made them file a lien on you?

Congrats on getting it removed. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
message_from_god
New Contributor

Thanks, dear!

i think you'll be okay. They sent me mail and I failed to open it. In it, they said they were assuming I made all this money I did not make. If you're in contact w them and paying I think you are totally safe from that. 😀

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information! I won't worry about it, then. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@message_from_god wrote:

It's been so helpful to hear the insight from ppl on this forum.  The processes are so (purposefully, I'm sure) confusing and difficult and just from ppl's mentioning things in passing I've modified my approach and had success (I went from 503 Exp May 2015 to 640 today - FICO 8;  My mortgage middle score is now 707)

Congrats on the success. I quoted this one poart of your post because I also feel that there is a ton of knowledge and help available on these boards. Keep on doing what you are doing, and keep reading these threads!  Smiley Very Happy

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.