Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Cap One Executive Office

tag
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Call from Cap One Executive Office

Well I just got a call from Cap One's executive office after I blasted the Execs with about 20 emails yesterday.  I was told that they are no longer reporting the debt as it was sold long ago.  I asked if she could send me a letter to that effect which she said she would.  My concern is that not reporting and deleting and two different things.

Has anyone ever tried to have a trade line removed from a bureau based upon a letter that a company is not reporting??

Also if anyone has had luck with a Cap One GW please tell inform me of your process please!!!

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Call from Cap One Executive Office

Not a basis for deletion.

The dispute issue under the FCRA is the accuracy of the information reported, not the later status of ownership of the account/debt.

Their continued reporting is only required if it is necessary to update the information so as to maintain its accuracy.

If anything in their reporting is currently inaccurate, such as their failure upon sale of the debt to update the current balance to $0, a dispute on that basis does not compel CR deletion.  Resolution of any dispute over inaccuracy of reporting always provides their ability to correct the inaccurate information.  Deletion is only mandated if they cannot verify or update the information so as to make it accurate.

Message 2 of 5
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

So maybe the best thing is to just hit the snailmail GW's for Cap One and hope for a different result.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnPTEX wrote:

So maybe the best thing is to just hit the snailmail GW's for Cap One and hope for a different result.

Personally I would call the person back from the executive office.  Let them know that you double checked your credit report and found that they are still in fact reporting.  Ask them if they could please delete it as a gesture of goodwill.  I get the feeling they basically tried to get rid of you.  I think they meant they are no longer updating their report, but it will stay there forever unless they delete it.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I agree - I think she meant that they are simply not reporting monthly anymore - I am going to buy a book of stamps and go GW wild this weekend so I'll just toss Cap One in the pile

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.