Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Chase

tag
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Call from Chase

I had sent Chase a letter about an old charge off and even though I stated in the letter wasn't admitting to debt, etc., the amount was low enough that I included a check for payment and asked for deletion (I know that is not recommended, but I did it).

I could not believe what happened today around noon.  I got a call from Chase stating they would be contacting the credit bureaus advising them to delete the entire entry AND that they were returned my check to me by letter confirming our conversation and giving me contact information if it becomes necessary.  I was absolutely stunned.

So truly hoping the next time scores are updated mine will go up some more.

I am very happy about this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Re: Call from Chase

That's great!

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 2 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Sweet! Congratulations. I still hate the mega banks but I'm delighted that one did something good for you. Thanks for sharing.

Message 3 of 9
bluefoxing
New Contributor

Congratulations! That is most excellent news. I wonder why they decided to refuse payment but still delete. Nice!

I hope your good luck with Chase rubs off on me - I just sent them my first GW for a 9yo account.

Starting Score: EX 578 | EQ 542 | TU 577 as of 3/7/2014
US Bank $300, First Progress $1000, First Progress #1 $300, Capital One $300, Credit One $400
Message 4 of 9
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@bluefoxing wrote:

Congratulations! That is most excellent news. I wonder why they decided to refuse payment but still delete. Nice!

I hope your good luck with Chase rubs off on me - I just sent them my first GW for a 9yo account.

Oh, I hope so too, bluefoxing.  My brain is sort of steel reeling from that phone call.  If you don't have luck, just pm me and I will give you the name and address of the person I sent the GW request to.

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

I had sent Chase a letter about an old charge off and even though I stated in the letter wasn't admitting to debt, etc., the amount was low enough that I included a check for payment and asked for deletion (I know that is not recommended, but I did it).

I could not believe what happened today around noon.  I got a call from Chase stating they would be contacting the credit bureaus advising them to delete the entire entry AND that they were returned my check to me by letter confirming our conversation and giving me contact information if it becomes necessary.  I was absolutely stunned.

Very nice, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Very nice, congrats Smiley Happy

Thank you so much.  If it had not been for finding this board and people like you giving such good advice, I would never have gotten this off my credit record.

Message 7 of 9
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
from500to700
Regular Contributor

congrats 

Can you please PM me to which adress you send it , and how you write the letter 

thanks 

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.