Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from midland

tag
mikie209
Regular Contributor

Call from midland

So I have a paid collection from midland that is only on my equifax report and it was not reporting accurately so I submitted an online dispute and submitted a copy showing it was not reporting properly. Today I received a call but didn't answer but it was from midland. They didn't leave a message or anything tho. Is this normal for them to call after submitting a dispute online through equifax?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Call from midland

Possibly but I would not answer the call nor any requests for info they may send thru the mail its up to them to verify the accuracy of the info on file at the CRA.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you file a dispute via a CRA, the CRA must forward a copy of the dispute to the furnisher of the disputed information, and the furnisher is then required to respond back to the CRA prior to the conclusion of the 30-day reinvestigation period imposed on the CRA.

The CRA then makes the determination, and notifies the consumer by way of their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, which they must send within 5 business days after expiration of their reinvestigation period.

Thus, any call to you is informal, and not part of the dispute process.  You can rightfully not speak to them, and simply await reponse from the CRA.

Personally, I would take their call and find out what they have to say if the issue on dispute could be resolved.

What was the inaccurate reporting that formed the basis for your dispute?

Message 3 of 6
mikie209
Regular Contributor

It was reporting fine then this month it reported as an open account and went showed as potentially negative open on my cms from usaa. I didn't recognize the number but I will answer it if they call again.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would guess that type of reporting error could be easily resolved.

A paid collection must be closed.  Unless you have the separate issue that they are still making collection efforts on a paid debt, then they most likely also consider their collection closed, and it may simply be an automated reporting glitch on their part.

If they have corrected, then the CRA is required, when sending you the results of their reinvestigation, to also include a revised copy of your credit report, that shows the currection has been made.

Message 5 of 6
Season79
Contributor

I know this is an older post, but i wanted to know what the outcome was for this issue? Thank you!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.