cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call me Crazy, But I have found away to garden without falling out!

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Call me Crazy, But I have found away to garden without falling out!

I, like MANY of you find it VERY, VERY (ok impossible) to stay in the garden! Smiley Frustrated  I'm in the rebuild and just last month got a TON of new credit and MANY new Inq.  Smiley Embarassed  Even with all of that, I find myself wanting more and needing to app!  HOWEVER, I have now found away to not be tempted!  I'm temporally lowered my score by increasing my Utilization to a level that will deflate my score so that I will not be tempted to app because even I know that would be foolish!  Is this crazy or Brilliant?  Hmmmmmmm?  Smiley Very Happy

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Call me Crazy, But I have found away to garden without falling out!

I just put a freeze on all my reports lol, but increasing your UTIL works too Smiley Wink  The freeze is nice because next time I try for a NFCU CLI they wont be able to HP me if a SP CLI doesn't work Smiley Wink

Oz

Message 2 of 6
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Lol. Ill say both! Haha!!! Im gardening until March when I pay everything of or down then Im going straight to NFCU!!

Happy Gardening!!

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Be careful with increasing your % util to levels that damage your score.

Those levels might also trigger consideration by the creditor of a credit limit decrease based on a new risk assessment.

Particularly if they also see numerous new inquiries, which togehter can paint a picutre of need to live on credit, and thus have an increased risk of default.

Message 4 of 6
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Be careful with increasing your % util to levels that damage your score.

Those levels might also trigger consideration by the creditor of a credit limit decrease based on a new risk assessment.

Particularly if they also see numerous new inquiries, which togehter can paint a picutre of need to live on credit, and thus have an increased risk of default.

Yes, I will be careful.  I won't go over 30% Util. but going from 5% to 30 will work just enough! Smiley Wink

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 5 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

Wow how funny. I did the same thing before I went into the garden.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.