Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called Capital One to GW baddie off report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called Capital One to GW baddie off report

I called Cap1 EO today to request a baddie be removed. I told her I had sent 3 letters before but I had not received any reply back. So basically she said she would put in a curtesy for removal of late payment request but that doesn't guarantee that it would be approved. She said it could take 5-7 business days and that she would call me back with an answer.

My question is was she pulling my leg when she said that there's no guarantee that the baddie will be removed? I mean, I thought the reps in the EO had the power to fix these things.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Called Capital One to GW baddie off report

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Cap1 EO today to request a baddie be removed. I told her I had sent 3 letters before but I had not received any reply back. So basically she said she would put in a curtesy for removal of late payment request but that doesn't guarantee that it would be approved. She said it could take 5-7 business days and that she would call me back with an answer.

My question is was she pulling my leg when she said that there's no guarantee that the baddie will be removed? I mean, I thought the reps in the EO had the power to fix these things.

She is not lying, there are people who review and send the EO their recommendation it dosnt always result in a positive outcome. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a call back from the same lady I spoke with letting me know the GW request had not been approved. 

I'm not giving up. So today I emailed the EO. This would be my third try. First was a letter, then the phone call and now the email. Hoping third time's the charm.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vivacious10,

You and I are in the same boat. I too emailed Cap One asking them to GW 1 baddie (charge-off) from 2012. After that, I spoke with a manager in the credit reporting department and she emphatically stated they do not, under any circumstances, delete correctly reported information early. She told me to contact the company who bought the debt from them. I reminded her that I have no need to do that, as they don't report to the CRA, Capital One does. After going around and around with her, I gave up. So my next step in the process is to email the EO. I've experienced success with that route after I was initially turned down for a CLI. I contacted the EO and my limit was doubled. So, I have basis for hoping for success with the GW request as well..

So far, the only result I've had as a result of my initial GW letter is a drop of my Equifax score by 3 points when Cap One "updated" the information with them. This was 2 weeks ago and I'm still pissed how them updating the exact same information that was already being reported could bring my scores down. Whatever. 

Not giving up! 

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a call back from the same lady I spoke with letting me know the GW request had not been approved. 

I'm not giving up. So today I emailed the EO. This would be my third try. First was a letter, then the phone call and now the email. Hoping third time's the charm.

@If this fails, I recommend you set up to mail one letter a month to the office of the CEO asking for the goodwill you may be in for the long haul so commitment to getting it done is necessary (my longest took 3 yrs @ 1 letter a month to the CEO). Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.