Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling EQ and EX for an EE?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Calling EQ and EX for an EE?

@Rebuilding69 wrote:
Go ahead & ban me then, because I will continue to help people on these forums utilizing knowledge the very CRA's THEMSELVES advocate.

If the very ACT of requesting an EE is not advocated then follow your OWN advice and stop ADVOCATING it on these forums(this includes via mail/phonecalls)! YOU are just as culpable as anyone else. People will continue to talk about something that the moderators themselves do ALL the time, & the CRA's have no problem with.

No moderator advocates that anyone "dispute" any valid debt and that includes the EE. We recommend that people call in or write a letter to ask for it. The CRAs dont advocate this I dont know where you got that information if anything several of them have a track record of strongly saying NO to the requests, its not policy at any CRA. This procedure was pretty much unheard of a little over a year ago and is only something recent. TU is the only one who callis it a "dispute". The only time a mod would advocate that someone dispute a valid derog debt is if it has passed CRTP and has not yet been excluded.

Message 11 of 12
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Calling EQ and EX for an EE?

We're all here to help eachother and learn from eachother so I don't want to make this thread messy with things that shouldn't be discussed on the forum. I will say that the process took 5 days. Filed on 9/05, completed on 9/10 and then 2 days to send me an update. Both gone - 

This item has been deleted from the credit file.

I don't know if EQ actually investigates the account or they actually contact the lender but they found that they should be deleted.  I now have one IIB account on that report. It should age off at the end of this year unless the bank (it was a mortgage) is nice enough to let it go early. 

Waiting to see if I gain a few points from these accounts being deleted. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.