cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all forum experts/those successful w/PFD emails/letters. How does this sound?

tag
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Calling all forum experts/those successful w/PFD emails/letters. How does this sound?

I'm sending the following email to the COO of the collection agency. I have a $534 unpaid debt that I am hoping to PFD.

Is the italicized section redundant and unnecessary? Should I remove? Initially, I thought I needed to express how heated I am with the doctor's office 4 years later but I'm sure the COO doesn't care about that. Please let me know your thoughts. Should I leave in "that I ignored it"? Thanks in advance!

Greetings Mr. B.

I have an unsatisfied debt that was placed with your collection agency in 2009. I had been so frustrated/upset with the chiropractor’s office for never sending a bill and then placing this debt into collection that I ignored it. (I was incensed I had to suffer because of their forgetfulness/negligence). Of course that didn't’ solve anything. I’d like to rectify the situation by paying this debt in full and I hope that you will grant me the favor of a deletion from my three credit reports. I look forward to hearing from you.

I have an unsatisfied debt that was placed with your collection agency in 2009. I had been so frustrated and upset with the chiropractor’s office for never sending a bill and placing this debt into collection that I just ignored it. Let me clarify—Immediately after receiving the letter from your office, I reached out to the chiropractor’s office to find out why I had an account in collections when I’d never received a bill. As a recurring patient, I was never made aware verbally or via an invoice. I was just incensed that I had a blemish on my record because of their forgetfulness and/or negligence. When nothing was resolved, I ignored the collection.

Of course ignoring it didn't solve anything. I still have the blemish and the debt remains unpaid. I’d like to rectify this situation by immediately paying this debt in full and I hope that you will grant me the favor of a deletion from my three credit reports. I look forward to hearing from you.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Calling all forum experts/those successful w/PFD emails/letters. How does this sound?

Message 2 of 5
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Re: Calling all forum experts/those successful w/PFD emails/letters. How does this sound?

Thank you Guiness.

Message 3 of 5
virgo
Established Contributor

+1. Before they were bottom feeding collectors, they were people. If you make it personal it tends to remind them of that.
Message 4 of 5
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Virgo!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.