cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling for Portfolio Recovery Associates HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling for Portfolio Recovery Associates HELP!!

I've been combing these boards for quite some time as I've been working towards cleaning up credit mistakes. I have a Capital One charge off that PRA has and I've emailed through the site, snail mailed CMRRR, and emailed executives through commonly circulated email addresses I found online. It seems like the email addresses have been changed as I recieved unknown recipient messages, probably because they had been published online and were sick of all the credit crusaders trying to contact them through that avenue. If anyone has any email addresses of managers or case workers that they are willing to send to me, I would very much appreciate it. I've been mailing and mailing and mailing and am interested to hear any and all advice anyone has for dealing with PRA.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: Calling for Portfolio Recovery Associates HELP!!

Hi

PM sent, best wishes.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 2 of 9
Moes
Valued Member

Could you send me that info as well, i'm in the same boat.

Thanks!

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
turts14
Regular Contributor

I have not had any luck with Portfolio Recovery, they have now stopped responding to my emails.  Refused to PFD so I attempted a settlement with them and the will not respond.  I have sent in excess of 10 emails the past two weeks and next step is to contact the BBB to try to get them to work with me, not sure if that will work or not.  

Please PM me contacts if anyone has them as I have only 2 collections left on my CR and this is one of them.  Soooooooo close! 

Message 4 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@turts14 wrote:

I have not had any luck with Portfolio Recovery, they have now stopped responding to my emails.  Refused to PFD so I attempted a settlement with them and the will not respond.  I have sent in excess of 10 emails the past two weeks and next step is to contact the BBB to try to get them to work with me, not sure if that will work or not.  

Please PM me contacts if anyone has them as I have only 2 collections left on my CR and this is one of them.  Soooooooo close! 

On your letter to them, did you state only to communicate by mail and not by phone? I put that on one of my PFDs and they refused to talk to me at all until I retracted that statement... ha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 9
turts14
Regular Contributor

Yes I did, they have a secure emial system that I have a login for and we have communicate that way before then they just stopped responding all together.  I have sent multiple emails  through that system and through the contact us on their website and still no response.  Can they choose just not to communicate at all?  If I am putting in a good faith effort to resolving this issue? 

Message 6 of 9
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@turts14 wrote:

What would you expect the BBB to do?  If they're harrassing you, then that's one thing.  But if they're reporting accurate information and they're refusing a PFD - that's what they're supposed to do, so I'm not sure how the BBB would help.

As to the original poster, are you using a middle initial in your email addresses?  When I first dealt with them a few years ago, the usernames were in the format of "jesus.christ@".  Then about a year and a half ago, it switched to "jesus.h.christ@".  I haven't dealt with them recently so it might be changed again, but it's worthwhile to figure out their middle name and try using the initial.

Message 7 of 9
turts14
Regular Contributor

I am not even concerned about the PFD at this time, I have offered a settlement to just pay off as well and they will not return any of my contact requests.  I refuse to call them in person and this is highly advised.  There is no communciation and I just want an outcome regardless if I pay it off or PFD.  

Message 8 of 9
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@turts14 wrote:

I am not even concerned about the PFD at this time, I have offered a settlement to just pay off as well and they will not return any of my contact requests.  I refuse to call them in person and this is highly advised.  There is no communciation and I just want an outcome regardless if I pay it off or PFD.  

If you have your account number, you should be able to pay it off directly at their website.  I vaguely remember having that option when I dealt with them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.