Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Deletion Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calvary Deletion Success

I recently sent an email to Calvary after a few months of settling a collection. I wanted the account erased from my CR so started looking around for options. (They would not agree to delete at time of negotiation. After browsing online for ideas, I came across Goodwill Letters. I looked for a good template to model a letter after that pertains to my siutuation and goals. I then emailed a Calvary associate who I do not know the Goodwill letter. In about a week I received notification that the account has been removed. No contact from Calvary beforehand.

Now I need to get Portfolio Recovery to take action. I sent them a similar email at the same time. Just sent out a 2nd request.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Calvary Deletion Success

Grats on your Cavalry deletion Smiley Happy   PRA is a beast and will take some time, just keep sending a GW letter out every month to them until you get what you want.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have both of those on my reports as well! 

Message 3 of 17
cabner
New Contributor

Congrats!!  I pm'd you a question regarding this.  :-)

Starting Scores 12/28/2014: TU: 599 EX: 599 EQ: 568

Current Scores: TU: 675 EX: 664 EQ: 620
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else have success with this tactic?  Cavalry is my last baddie, and I would love to see it removed. 

Message 5 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You are likely, if they respond at all, to get the reply "We cant do that, it is illegal."

There is no prohibition in the FCRA against deletion of derogs or collections, so that is not an accurate statement.

However, they dont need a reason, so care should be taken in arguing that point with them.

The CRAs do have a policy of no deletion based on having paid the debt, which they instututued to preserve information in their own files, and thus increase the value of their product.  As a result, many creditors and debt collectors set standard no-deltion polices within their organizations which is passed down to underlings.

If, after being rejected for a form reason of it is illegal, you wish to pursue, then I advise getting the contact address or phone number of a management officiel who has discreetion to grant exceptions to their own internal policy.  Simply repetition of deletin requests to underlings is apt to meet the same policy fate.

Message 6 of 17
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

i have two we Calvary is hard to working deal you have locking  congrat 

Message 7 of 17
Focker69
Regular Contributor

If anyone has this email contact, would you be so kind to PM it to me. They are the last baddie on my report and I would love to get them removed. Many, many thanks in advance!
Hoping to hit 700 soon!
Message 8 of 17
st789
New Contributor

can somebody pm the cavalry contact please thanks.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello new  member on the same boat.. can anybody pm there email contact. ...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.