Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Portfolio Deleted !!

tag
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Calvary Portfolio Deleted !!

I filed a BBB complaint against Calvary portfolio for reporting the incorrect DOFD from an old HSBC account. I received a letter today through the BBB website saying that the information is correct but in the name of customer they are deleting from all credit bureaus and would stop all collection effort. I doubt very much that they would delete an unpaid collection.  I am very glad because I almost paid them in March when I got a settlement offer from them but when I asked if they would delete they said no.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calvary Portfolio Deleted !!

Congrats!!

Message 2 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 15
Msflores408
Valued Member

Congrats!
I also filed a complaint with the BBB against Calvary on 4/25/16. I received an email from BBB that they have received my complaint.
How long did it take for you to hear back from them?
Message 4 of 15
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Thank you!!

I filed my complaint on April 10th and I received notification from the BBB April 26th with there response saying that they will delete and close all collection effort. 

I wish you good luck.

Message 5 of 15
Msflores408
Valued Member

Awesome! Thanks a lot Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of letter did you send to BBB ? I dont have any experience with filing a complaint.. But I have got to find a way to get rid of Calvalry Portfolio.. They have yet to provide me evidence that this was actually my account.. ( asisde a computer copy of a statement) I paid them last fall hoping they would go away. they refuse to respond to numerous good will letters as well .

Thanks in advance

Message 7 of 15
mtnclmbr

What did you do to get the First Premier charge off removed?

Message 8 of 15
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

How did you get ERC removed? My son in law has them!  My husband did, but they deleted themselves a few months ago!

Had Calvary deleted due to not being registered in Lousiana!

I would check to see if your state requires Collection Agencies to be registered, if they do, check to see if Calvary is registered.  I found out that they aren't registered here in Louisiana, no where are they listed on the Secretary of state's site.  PLUS according to their own website, they are only registered in 5 states!

If your state doesn't require this, check to make sure Calvary is reporting correctly.  If they aren't base your BBB complaint on that!

I received a reply within 14 days letting me know it was being deleted!  They said they are registered, but they wouldn't delete if they were! LOL

Good Luck!

Starting all over again!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@susieqj wrote:

I filed a BBB complaint against Calvary portfolio for reporting the incorrect DOFD from an old HSBC account. I received a letter today through the BBB website saying that the information is correct but in the name of customer they are deleting from all credit bureaus and would stop all collection effort. I doubt very much that they would delete an unpaid collection.  I am very glad because I almost paid them in March when I got a settlement offer from them but when I asked if they would delete they said no.

They will most likely sell it and it will reappear under a new CA.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.