cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

tag
specialksauce
Contributor

Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

Anyone have Calvary Portfolio show up only on Experian? 

They show date opened 2/1/13 and account status is closed. Past due balance.P ayment status states: Seriously past due/assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantors internal collection dept.

This is from a Chase card that was charged off in August 2008 and bought /paid for $165. (seriously makes me cringe knowing how awful these CA's are!)

No one else reported this amount until Feb 2013.  

What does closed mean for collection purposes? Did they sell to another collection agency? Or is that just how it reports on Experian? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

Closed means they are no longer collecting on the account.  Either it is paid, sent back to the OC or sold.  If it is either of the later, they have to delete.

Message 2 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

Re: Calvary Portfolio Opened in Feb...now closed, but past due balance. Sold to another?

Dispute with the CRA's or BBB to get this deleted? 

Experian is showing closed on all collection accounts but on TU or EX they are showing a balance and "in Collection". 

Message 3 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 18
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1

If they are no longer collecting or have collection authority, they should delete.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

For dispute purposes, I am trying to get as many negatives deleted off the credit report as possible. 

Message 6 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@specialksauce wrote:

For dispute purposes, I am trying to get as many negatives deleted off the credit report as possible. 

Unless it is somehow reporting inaccurately, that is not a valid reason.  Also against the TOS of the forums.

Message 7 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

Nope, just reporting as closed with a balance. Guess I have to wait until the new CA shows up one day. 

Message 8 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 18
specialksauce
Contributor

I believe i meant to say, in general, Experian is showing unpaid collection accounts as closed (not just for Calvary) but on the TransUnion and Equifax they are showing as "in collections" (aka open?). But Calvary is only showing on Experian, not the other two reports. 

So if its showing closed but still with a balance, they should delete bc that means they aren't collecting on it anymore, right?. Unless that is simply the way Experian shows account status's for collection accounts. 

Sorry for the confusion or if I confused you even more!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.