Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary Portfolio

tag
w121jld
Contributor

Calvary Portfolio

An intentiy of Calvary portfolio has offered that if I pay an amount in full for a 5 year old account from HSBC. The guy stated that if I pay it then I can request for it to be removed. I requested for a letter, but his reply was that he was unable to offer a letter until I paid. He also said that since has been moved it is not reported.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Calvary Portfolio

"Request it to be removed" seems a bit different than "it will be removed" once paid. Clearly that agreement woud have to be in writing.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had dealing with these guys before. make sure you get it in Writing. Not just them, any collection agency or anyone else for that matter.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful with them. I got a letter from Citi back in Dec telling me my account was being sold to Cavalry, since they hadn't reported my account to the CB's yet I called the subdivision of their company that was hadnling my account and offered to PIF in agreement to not report, the representative agreed, I made sure she herself clearly stated that payment in full that day would prevent any reporting to all 3 bureaus. 

A month later the accounts appeared on my CR's, I used BBB to get them off my EX and EQ, since it wasn't reporting to TU yet. Now the account has shown up on TU and I'm disputing it.

So, be very careful and be sure you have a good case to go after them if they don't keep their word.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.