Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary portfolio

tag
w121jld
Contributor

Calvary portfolio

After months of disputing with Calvary Portfolio , we finally came to an agreement for them to completely removed the tradeline by disputing with the BBB. Can't wait to see the score increase because this was reporting every month.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calvary portfolio

What was the dispute? What did you say to the BBB?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome! I have just started working on an account we have with them. 

I actually gave them a call and the customer service rep told me they have no paperwork for the original creditor.  So my next move is sending a DV letter.  

Message 3 of 8
w121jld
Contributor

I disputed the fact that they were not bonded in the state of Texas and also that I was told by their collection agency that collects for them that it would be removed. They denied and stated that this was untrue.
Message 4 of 8
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Here's my post about them http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Collectors-need-to-be-registered-in-Loui...

I just checked again and I do not see any Calvary services or anything like that ALL churches!  So now my question is do I dispute this on CFPB or BBB or CRA or what?? LOL  They are NOT licensed in Louisiana and can be removed! Smiley Happy

My advice, check to see if they need to ne licensed in your state and check with your Secretary of state site under search businesses fillings.

Starting all over again!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh just google them, they are in hot water all over the country by the FDCA and BBB... I have them under dispute they only have three days left to respond anyway and if they don't delete I will take them to the cleaners and fast. They have zero jurisdiction im Maryland
Message 6 of 8
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
oh just google them, they are in hot water all over the country by the FDCA and BBB... I have them under dispute they only have three days left to respond anyway and if they don't delete I will take them to the cleaners and fast. They have zero jurisdiction im Maryland

I double checked and I can't find anything for them in Louisiana, so I'll do a BBB complaint on them I guess.  I have a dispute against PRA right now, according to CCT their account is closed.  and According to EQ PRA is listed under CLOSED accounts.

I wish I could remember how I got the last collectors that weren't licensed in LA off my report.  I think I did it via BBB, but not sure LOL

Starting all over again!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I just posted in another thread, I've had my clash with those clowns - they went after me for a years-old debt which turned out to be past my state's statute of limitations and they hassled my relatives in violation of the FDCPA. I got a good attorney and we ended up taking them to federal court and making them settle. I recommend the same to anyone who gets harassed by those people.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.