Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calvary portfolio

tag
w121jld
Contributor

Calvary portfolio

Should I just settle Calvary Portfolio. I have gone through great depths to negotiate a pfd with them. They are reporting each month even though they are 5 years old charge off. Has anyone had success with pfd or goodwill letters. I
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calvary portfolio

@w121jld wrote:
Should I just settle Calvary Portfolio. I have gone through great depths to negotiate a pfd with them. They are reporting each month even though they are 5 years old charge off. Has anyone had success with pfd or goodwill letters. I

When I paid off my collection with them, they sent me an email asking how the process of settling the debt went.  The CSR that had my file was a rude piece of work; my information was all screwed up and the fact that it was and I challenged her on it, made her mad.  The jist of the story is that I wrote back how it was a terrible experience dealing with them and the only thing that would make it better was for me was to delete the tradeline-and unbelievably they did.Smiley Surprised  Only wish Midland would do the same on my last paid collection account. (and no they wouldn't do a PFD with me-Guess I was just lucky)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it outside the SOL?   Did you send DV?  Did you dispute with the CRA's?         If the debt is outside the SOL and you answered yes to all the other questions you may want to try a BBB dispute.      I recently disputed an old debt approx 5 yrs old and Cavalry never responds to DV letters in a timely manner.   I filed a BBB dispute and 2 weeks later they stopped collection efforts and removed the TL from my reports on request.

Best of luck

PS Cavalry won't do PFDs

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If more than 30 days has expired since they sent dunning notice, a DV would not be timely.

Even if timely, there is no requirment to or period for response to a DV, and thus no basis for a dispute or BBB complaint based on lack of response.

Sending complaints or making disiputes when there is no violation or inaccuracy is apt to kill any good-will on their part, and may not be a good course of action....

Paying will prevent further updates, and thus immediately begin aging of the collection for scoring purposes.

That would be my recommendation.

You can then continue to pursue requests for good-will deletion.

If the debt was charged=of five years ago, then the DOFD is at least that old.  Both the CO and collection must become excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD, so it appears that less than two years remain.  Do you need deletion prior to its normal exclusion date?

Message 4 of 5
w121jld
Contributor

Yes. I want it excluded today.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.