Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone suggest an approach

tag
max2mum
New Contributor

Can Anyone suggest an approach

Wrote a GW letter for an old charge off account with Chadwicks. They replied with "as a result of sale we no longer have any information on this credit card account.  I did ask the CRA to verify this account about 4 months ago and it came back verified.  Should I just write to Chadwicks and ask them to remove the account since they said what they said (in writing) or should I copy the letter send to 3CRAs and ask them to delete? Or is there something else? Any input would be appreciated!!

Starting Score: tu-460 eq-570 ex-580
Current Score: tu-693 (6/6/12) eq-624 ex-679 (6/6/12)

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Can Anyone suggest an approach

@max2mum wrote:

Wrote a GW letter for an old charge off account with Chadwicks. They replied with "as a result of sale we no longer have any information on this credit card account.  I did ask the CRA to verify this account about 4 months ago and it came back verified.  Should I just write to Chadwicks and ask them to remove the account since they said what they said (in writing) or should I copy the letter send to 3CRAs and ask them to delete? Or is there something else? Any input would be appreciated!!

Well; what they are telling you is they sold the debt. Selling the account and charging it off is a perfectly legal recourse for the company to do. The CRAs verified through the eOscar system with the OC -- Sending the letter to the CRAs will do nothing, because there is no basis for deletion, the account is reporting correctly. Not owning the debt on an account is not a reason for exclusion from a credit report.

Your only real recourse is to try another GW.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
max2mum
New Contributor

What is EOscar? My question is- can one verify something that does not exist?  The said "they NO LONGER  have any information on the account"

Starting Score: tu-460 eq-570 ex-580
Current Score: tu-693 (6/6/12) eq-624 ex-679 (6/6/12)

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's a common line that CSRs feed. I had the same happen in my early repair days. The frontline CSRs only have your info up to a certain time frame and beyond that their system is purged. The department that handles reporting is different that what the CSRs have and they should be your target when sending GWs.

Message 4 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@max2mum wrote:

What is EOscar? My question is- can one verify something that does not exist?  The said "they NO LONGER  have any information on the account"

The no longer have any information on the account means that a low level CSR cannot see your information -- This company has your information someplace.. I promise you Smiley Happy

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.