Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CA report OC balance?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can CA report OC balance?

@Anonymous wrote:
The OP Smiley Wink is disputing BOTH the Amt owed and last payment. They are both incorrect

You wouldn't want to do that though. They'll increase the balance that's being reported. Your report will appear worse off than before, though it very likely won't impact your FICO any. And yes, they need to report the correct balance owed.

In the end it doesn't matter since you have a written agreement with them. Sound like inside of 10 months at $400/pop, the debt will be PIF. Just keep every cashier's check copy and keep a copy of that agreement.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the amount due had no impact on FICO scores. Just that you have a collection.
The issue is I'd like to get it off my report.
If I dispute the Amt due and last payment it either gets updated and no change to FICO anyway (aside from whatever they do when u dispute) or deleted.

That's why I was asking if they were allowed to report OC balance. If I dispute and they verify incorrect info that's a violation right?
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The OP Smiley Wink is disputing BOTH the Amt owed and last payment. They are both incorrect

See my re-edited questions, LOL! Smiley Very Happy  You were reading faster than I was fixing!

Something seems really wrong here, that's why I'm asking about the OC amount, the collection costs added, and if you've ever actually made a payment of $218. I wondering if this is slow reporting/updating, or possibly something fraudulent going on.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

(again sorry for double posting. iPhone won't let me edit)

I don't want to get the "ethics committee" up in arms here. But my goal is to have this removed. I'm not disputing "accurate" info. I'm thinking that if I dispute and they verify I am more likely to get this off my report. Worse case sernario is they uPdate the amt. No biggie. Maybe is should be asking in the "other" board. Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I never made a payment of 218. I've only made one payment and it was 400

I belive they are reporting the OCs balance due and what portion of my payment was given the the OC
Message 15 of 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
(again sorry for double posting. iPhone won't let me edit)

I don't want to get the "ethics committee" up in arms here. But my goal is to have this removed. I'm not disputing "accurate" info. I'm thinking that if I dispute and they verify I am more likely to get this off my report. Worse case sernario is they uPdate the amt. No biggie. Maybe is should be asking in the "other" board. Smiley Wink

The only issue that would come into play if you advise another OP to dispute accurate info. In your case you are the OP and you aren't advising others to dispute accurate info. In fact, IMO, your balance and pmt history is disputable because it is inaccurate, though my answer will remain to not do it.

The balance change won't impact the score. However, if the TL had not updated in a long while (months/years), then you could possible see a score drop, but it depends on a number of factors. In your case, the CA is recent. BTW, along those lines and of LilMirth's questions, when was the last status update? If the $218 appeared before your $400 payment, then the payment history wouldn't be incorrectly reporting. OC/sCAs sometimes adjust balances downwards for whatever reason and some record it as a payment (when it isn't).

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection act is brand new. Reported first time in march. The last payment is the only Payment that was ever made

The only thing they are reporting correctly is there name Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not looking to get balances changed. I don't really care what they repOrt the balance to be.

I'm looking to get the collection REMOVED.

Like is said before. If I dispute and they change the ants to what they are supposed to be it doesn't really have any effect

What I WANT is for them to just delete it OR to have them verify the INACCURATE info.

They only thing I rely need to know is if they are in fact reporting incorrectly or if they are AlLOWED to report it like that
Message 18 of 26
mauve
Valued Contributor

I think it's unlikely that you'll get this deleted if you dispute on the basis of the balances.

I think it's more likely the balances will be updated.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe so. But then why not repOrt the balances correctly in the first place?

So am I right in the assumptiOn thet if they verifiy the incorrect balances it's a violation?
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.