cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Cap 1 report on my credit report and the CA that is trying to collect for them also?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Cap 1 report on my credit report and the CA that is trying to collect for them also?

They are both reporting in my accounts section on my report.  Cap 1 is reporting a 0 balance and the CA, Midland, is reporting also, except they are reporting as 120 days late with a balance of 1128.00 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Cap 1 report on my credit report and the CA that is trying to collect for them also?

yes...both can report...and I think it doesn't matter where the Ca TL is...as long as it has "collection"...somewhere on it...but a CA cannot report lates...myFICO shows lates on one of my collections accounts...which is listed under the installment section...I don't know what's up with it...but the lates are not on any of my printed out reports...or TC...so I don;t know what right...and what's wrong...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Cap 1 report on my credit report and the CA that is trying to collect for them also?

Capital One must have sold the account to Midland. (which is rare) They both can report. Midland isn't collecting for Capital One since they sold it. They are attempting to collect for themselves.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, it appears (from what you said) that Capital One is reporting correctly but Midland is not. Have you sent a DV to Midland?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent two validation letters to Midland, both were sent CMRRR and both came back to me signed for.  Midland is reporting as 120 days late and they are not reporting as a collection account anywhere on this account.  They are listing it as an installment account and as an open account.  What can I do about it?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they haven't given you any sort of validation yet? Have they updated with the CRA's as disputed (or even not as disputed) since you've DV'd them? Maybe dispute with the CRA's?????
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do nothing about the cap1....do not disput it!!!  it will just update

File a dispute as * not mine *  along with this letter...copies of the DV letter  copy of the cert paper and GC

send by fax or CMRRR   read it make make correction or delete what is not needed

Your Name
Address
City, State Zip

TU/EX/EQ
Address
City, State Zip
SS #

DATE

RE: Account #_________/Original Creditor’s Name

Dear CRA:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this allleged debt
verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that
"Collection Agency" do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Name of Creditor/Agency, Account #_________

On XX XX 08, "Collection Agency" received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request.

As of today, XX XX 2008, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.
On XX XX 08, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the
letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the
alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which
they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists
or they would have provided it in the previous X months since it was requested.

Also, when an alleged debt is disputed, a notation must be entered on the debtors report showing the
item as in dispute. Again, this was not done. Another violation of the FDCPA. (DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH IF IT DOES NOT APPLY!!)

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus.
The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.
Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted
in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.
Sincerely,

Your Name

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.