Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Fraud Alert be removed early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Fraud Alert be removed early?

I put fraud alert on my reports, Can I call and get it removed earlier? I want to monitor my reports through truecredit.com But I was told I couldn't in previous posts because of my fraud alert that I placed on my reports. I know there is a risk in removing it, but I would really like to actively monitor my reports, instead of through snail mail...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jkfaria
Valued Member

Re: Can Fraud Alert be removed early?

I'm wondering the same thing.  Anyone???!!
EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 7 year fraud alert, and a full security freeze on all three bureaus. I have subscriptions to Equifax credit watch gold, True Credit, and Credit Expert. Never had a problem accessing my report. I know I can unlock my reports for $10.00 when I want with a PIN number, and you can also remove the fraud alert at any time. This is the 7 year alert. Not sure if it applies to the 90 day alert.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i tried to pull my reports on annualcreditreport.com and I couldn't do it because of the fraud alert... So I had to write in with a copy of my Drivers License and Social Security Card.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A written request is required to remove a fraud alert from your file. You may write to Customer Service at the following address:
Equifax Consumer Fraud Division
PO Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
Please be sure to include your name, social security number, current and previous addresses, date of birth, and telephone number

In order to protect your identity, you must submit a written request to remove the fraud alert from your credit file. Please send your request to: TransUnion P.O. Box 6790 Fullerton, Ca. 92834.

To have the statement removed, write:

Experian
P.O. Box 9532
Allen, TX 75013

You must send complete identifying information including your name, address, Social Security number and date of birth. You must also send copies of two documents verifying your current address, such as current utility bills and your driver’s license.

The identifying information is required so that Experian can ensure you are asking that the alert be removed, not an identity thief posing as you.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-03-2008 09:59 PM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH & I both have fraud alerts & can monitor through TC. I *think* I remember that we had to give a quick phone call to TC Customer Service when we signed up, and they asked us the standard verification questions & we were in.

But I know it's still on there, & we pull almost daily. It says up near the top something about us having a fraud alert currently, but doesn't stop from pulling/refreshing.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Just ordered, and of course they are closed right now so I have to wait until tomorrow to make that call lol
Message 7 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Just an FYI...I had the fraud alert that Ivy spoke of on truecredit too.  That alert is for TransUnion only & placed thru tru cred.  To get my FICO scores & reports from here...I had to go to trucred & remove the one for TransUnion.  The other two came thru just fine, so the alert wasn't on those 2.

Ivy...check that red alert text at the top...I'm guessing it says TransUnion only.  I'd be interested to hear if it is, in fact, all 3.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.