Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Get This Off My CR? TL Being Reported Unknown

tag
Jim-WI
Valued Member

Can I Get This Off My CR? TL Being Reported Unknown

I have recently joined the myFICO family, and have gotten great advice just reading all of the posts.  The other week I pulled my EX CR because I noticed that my score was 100 points below my other two scores (purchased from myFICO).  The only possible derog that I could only find was an account listed as "Unknown".  This is the only potential baddie TL in my whole report (But is not being reported as a Derog in the CR).  I will paste what I found below, but am in a quandary as to where to begin on trying to get this off of my CR, if possible.  Any and all help would be appreciated.  The only thing that I will erase is the account number.  Thanks in advance for anyone trying to assist me.  It is greatly appreciated!  You can see that the DOLA is in July, 2004.  I live in WI and the SOL is 6 years.  I just do not want to do anything that would jeopardize a re-activation on this account, if at all possible.  Thanks again for your efforts/advice.

RNB - MFLDS

Unknown

No Phone Provided
3701 WAYZATA BLVD
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55416
 Experian®Equifax®TransUnion®

Account NameRNB - MFLDS
Account # 
Account TypeCharge Account
Balance 
Date Opened6/1/1998

Account StatusClosed
Mo. Payment 
Past Due 
Payment StatusAccount transferred to another office
High Balance 
Limit$867.00
TermsRevolving
CommentsTransferred to another lender or claim purchased
24 MONTH PAYMENT HISTORY

2002    2003           2004      
AugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecJanFebMarAprMayJunJul
                       OK

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I Get This Off My CR? TL Being Reported Unknown

My research on this shows to be a Target Credit Card.  Did you have one that went bad?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
Jim-WI
Valued Member

Shogun-  It was actually a Marshall Field's card that was opened in '94.  Marshall Field's was purchased by Dayton-Hudson Corporation.  As you may know Dayton-Hudson Corp is the parent company of Target (and was since changed to Target Corporation in the 2000's). 

Completing a bit more digging and re-reading my EX report from annualcreditreport.com, I have found that this TL is slated to fall off of my CR in July of 2014 (ten years after the DOLA/Close Date on the report).  This was also notated  on the Account itself in my EX CR (I apparently overlooked it originally because it was a hyperlink). 

Once this TL falls off of my CR, I look forward in all of my scores coming back into line with one another. I will follow-up with you to let you know what the impact of the TL falling completely off of my CR.  Until then, I will continue to stay in the garden with my revolving lines of Credit.  Thanks for your time, and I apologize for asking a question that I ended up answering myself.  Take care, and see you around the Forum.

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Ok,,, but looking over that TL you listed, I don't see the negative aspect of it.  It just says sold,transferred.  There's nothing negative about that.  It just looks to me like an old closed account that's adding to your AAoA.  This account is too old to list negative information.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Ok,,, but looking over that TL you listed, I don't see the negative aspect of it.  It just says sold,transferred.  There's nothing negative about that.  It just looks to me like an old closed account that's adding to your AAoA.  This account is too old to list negative information.  

AGREED! this is actually helping you

Message 5 of 6
Jim-WI
Valued Member

Thanks trying_to_B_good.  Now I am even more perplexed as to why I'm 100pts less than EQ, and TU.  I know that there are some CC TL's that are on EQ and TU that are not on EX.  Perhaps this is where the difference lays.  Nonetheless, thank you for your time!  Take Care.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.